NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

He is significantly better than Mark Sanchez and Josh Johnson.  He would have been worth it to keep their playoff hopes alive as opposed to essentially tanking the season by trying to win with Mark Sanchez.

Like I said that’s like saying one pile of poop smells significantly better than another. 

12 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Kirk Cousins needs to get some blame as well he’s winless against teams with above .500 records this year.

Of course. But the major difference between this year and last year is Shurmur. He got more out of a lesser QB in Keenum - who is now struggling in Denver. His impact is not to be taken for granted. You see it all around the league when a great OC leaves (Atlanta lost Shanahan after Matt Ryan's MVP season and they're worse off, Philly lost Frank Reich).

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

They'd still have no shot at the playoffs with him at QB.

Maybe not, but they essentially threw the season. This wasn't a situation of signing a comparable or slightly worse QB as a backup to avoid some bad publicity. They signed a much worse QB to be their starter during a playoff chase...

53 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I haven't tuned into many Giants games - how has he looked in New York?

As far as the offense goes, we expected quick results, but as Geoff Schwartz pointed out (and has been proven throughout the history of the league), it takes about 8-10 games for a new offense to click. We were pitiful the first 8 weeks before the bye. We have looked fantastic since. Play calling was never really an issue at any point; the execution and OL were garbage in the first half of the season. As far as his overall performance as a head coach, he struggled with time management early in the season, but his ability to motivate guys and keep the team focused is really impressive. I thought he was the right choice for the job. I doubted him a little a few weeks ago, but I haven't at all since.

Looking like the Superbowl might be played by two teams who haven't won it in a long time/ever this year and actually stand to mean a lot with a win, which is probably the first time in awhile it looked like that had a strong chance of  happening this far out.

In the NFC we got the Rams(1999 and in another city), Vikings( :( ), Bears(1985), Cowboys(1995), and Panthers(None since founding in 95) with NO(2009) being on a nearly 10 year drought and SEA(2015) looking less likely to get there but both teams only having had 1 SB win.

In the AFC it's Chiefs(1969), Chargers( :( ), Texans(None since founding in 2002, Colts(2006), Dolphins(1973), and Titans( :( ) , with PIT/BAL and NE all having been there more recently/won a bunch.

By the end of the wild card round it's likely to be down to NO and NE + 6 other teams that haven't won in a very long time if ever since I don't think SEA/BAL/PIT get past it.

At least the season the Steelers collapse should be a good one come playoffs.

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

Looking like the Superbowl might be played by two teams who haven't won it in a long time/ever this year and actually stand to mean a lot with a win, which is probably the first time in awhile it looked like that had a strong chance of  happening this far out.

In the NFC we got the Rams(1999 and in another city), Vikings( :( ), Bears(1985), Cowboys(1995), and Panthers(None since founding in 95) with NO(2009) being on a nearly 10 year drought and SEA(2015) looking less likely to get there but both teams only having had 1 SB win.

In the AFC it's Chiefs(1969), Chargers( :( ), Texans(None since founding in 2002, Colts(2006), Dolphins(1973), and Titans( :( ) , with PIT/BAL and NE all having been there more recently/won a bunch.

By the end of the wild card round it's likely to be down to NO and NE + 6 other teams that haven't won in a very long time if ever since I don't think SEA/BAL/PIT get past it.

At least the season the Steelers collapse should be a good one come playoffs.

It’s settled then, NE winning again.

Im rooting for the Chiefs, would like to see Andy get immortalized. Now that Philly has a ring first, of course.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Kirk Cousins needs to get some blame as well he’s winless against teams with above .500 records this year.

He is 4-24 against winning teams in his career, per sports center this morning. Not sure exactly how they calculated it, but that is pretty bad

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

He is 4-24 against winning teams in his career, per sports center this morning. Not sure exactly how they calculated it, but that is pretty bad

If I had to guess, you probably take the record of the team he played against at that time and if it's > .500, add it to the list.

Either way, Kirk Cousins is not good against winning teams.