Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

On 1/27/2020 at 8:35 AM, vike daddy said:

good for you!

finding the right partner, the act of FINDING her or him, is a numbers game. you're looking for someone that is at best a 1 in 100 person, possibly quite higher even. so you have to involve yourself in a lot of opportunities for it to work out.

23 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

No shame in whatever method you need to do to meet new people. The museum events sound like a good idea for starters. If you have sports leagues (softball, kickball, whatever you're interested in really) in the area, that is also a good option for meeting people. Any event really that you will find people with similar interests is a good option. I met my wife through my running club personally.

20 hours ago, Daniel said:

See below.

I would do multiple sites. It’s the best way to maximize results, especially with the free ones.

Hard agree. You’re going to send a lot of messages to get a date, and you’re gonna go on a lot of crappy dates before you find one worthwhile, and that’s just part of it.

Online is great at what it does, which is give lots and lots of opportunities. What it’s really bad at is getting any kind of quality interaction. It’s like speed dating but way more extreme. Maximize your efficiency by sorting the girls by new signups, and figure out a generic message you can send with a little editing and send a ton of messages.

I went on sooo many crap dates when I was doing online dating, and each one of those dates was probably the result of like three or four message threads, and each of those was probably the result of 10 or 12 sent messages without a response (not to the same girl though, don’t cyberstalk yall). But I did eventually meet my wife through it too.

I live in the suburbs of a big city. Sometimes i get tons of opportunities on tinder/bumble/okcupid, etc, sometimes i dont. I also had some friends of friends and things going on at work, but it wasn't progressing and i don't really wana date anyone at work. So i kind of just came to a realization that i'm just in a holding pattern and cut it all off.

I might re-download them in a couple of weeks and see whats up, but i was getting burned out. Which is why i got inspired by the idea of a nightclub style event at a museum - i've outgrown nightclubs but mixing it with art seems like a cool idea to me. And speed dating...well, i couldn't think of anything else lol. And the idea of a sports league sounds interesting too. In the spring/summer i want to do at least one of: dodgeball, frisbee, softball, etc. Something active, and being on a team/competing (even just for fun) is an easy way to meet people. As well, one by one my friends/cousins are starting to get married. 

It all came out of the realization that i can't achieve my results by doing the same thing. Not just in relationships, but life. Besides the above museum/speed dating/sports league idea to put myself out there, i'm doing the smaller and bigger things to help myself out like sleeping earlier on work nights, cutting down my eating out/drinking, work out more, saving my money, etc. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I live in the suburbs of a big city. Sometimes i get tons of opportunities on tinder/bumble/okcupid, etc, sometimes i dont. I also had some friends of friends and things going on at work, but it wasn't progressing and i don't really wana date anyone at work. So i kind of just came to a realization that i'm just in a holding pattern and cut it all off.

I might re-download them in a couple of weeks and see whats up, but i was getting burned out. Which is why i got inspired by the idea of a nightclub style event at a museum - i've outgrown nightclubs but mixing it with art seems like a cool idea to me. And speed dating...well, i couldn't think of anything else lol. And the idea of a sports league sounds interesting too. In the spring/summer i want to do at least one of: dodgeball, frisbee, softball, etc. Something active, and being on a team/competing (even just for fun) is an easy way to meet people. As well, one by one my friends/cousins are starting to get married. 

It all came out of the realization that i can't achieve my results by doing the same thing. Not just in relationships, but life. Besides the above museum/speed dating/sports league idea to put myself out there, i'm doing the smaller and bigger things to help myself out like sleeping earlier on work nights, cutting down my eating out/drinking, work out more, saving my money, etc. 

Don't underestimate the value of going to the bar for a game. Not that you want to go out all the time, but games give you higher percent chance of meeting someone with common interests.

On 1/28/2020 at 7:18 AM, 49ersfan said:

this is a positive transformation. focus on yourself for a little bit and put the 'dating' on hold. You will be surprised how easy it is to find women/talk to women when you stop caring or looking for them, they tend to find you. 

As someone who is in a relationship, I often find girls flirting with me without much effort on my end. Just kinda happens sometimes. I think its because there is no pressure from me. I am not seeking out women so Im pretty laid back when talking to them or being around them and they respond to that. It alleviates the pressure and allows things to happen organically. 

Easy to say, hard to implement to be completely fair. Taking a step back and evaluating things tends to work no matter what is in front of you. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, N4L said:

this is a positive transformation. focus on yourself for a little bit and put the 'dating' on hold. You will be surprised how easy it is to find women/talk to women when you stop caring or looking for them, they tend to find you. 

As someone who is in a relationship, I often find girls flirting with me without much effort on my end. Just kinda happens sometimes. I think its because there is no pressure from me. I am not seeking out women so Im pretty laid back when talking to them or being around them and they respond to that. It alleviates the pressure and allows things to happen organically. 

Easy to say, hard to implement to be completely fair. Taking a step back and evaluating things tends to work no matter what is in front of you. 

Facts. I was at one of those arcade bars over the weekend getting my gf and I a beer and after I ordered, a lady asked what beer she should get. I gave her a recommendation and she asked if I wanted to play skee-ball with her. Gave her the old "Thanks, but I have to get this to my girlfriend."

Don't think she would have had any problems finding someone else to skee-ball with after I left, though. 

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Facts. I was at one of those arcade bars over the weekend getting my gf and I a beer and after I ordered, a lady asked what beer she should get. I gave her a recommendation and she asked if I wanted to play skee-ball with her. Gave her the old "Thanks, but I have to get this to my girlfriend."

Don't think she would have had any problems finding someone else to skee-ball with after I left, though. 

did you point at your junk with both hands when you said that?

• Like 2

On 1/29/2020 at 8:28 PM, Shanedorf said:

Relationship Advice
Tip of the Day:

"A woman will fake an orgasm for a relationship...and a man will fake a relationship for an orgasm

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: 

Edited by Tyty

4 hours ago, Dan_Bali said:

Relationship advice.

1- have money 

Thats it.  99% of angst between partners is cos of the stress and limitations that being broke brings.

That's horrible advice. 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 2