Divisional round

BillSabre

5 minutes ago, Special Teamer said:

I'm sure the fans play a good part in "Home Field Advantage" but I would think the football atmosphere plays a bigger role. I'm talking about playing indoors vs playing at a place like The Coliseum. 

The Cowboys have played:

5 games outdoors (2-3 record)

12 games indoors (9-3 record)

Not really diving into the record part but playing outdoors has been in the minority for them this season (as probably most since they play indoors). My point is: I think this plays a bigger role in the Home Field Advantage debate.

Playing outdoors is a valid argument in Green Bay Wisconsin. Not S. Cali.

9 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Pats win by ten. I have no doubts about the offense at home

Well, they are the best home team in football. Undefeated at home, beat teams by an average of 17 points this season, 15 game home winning streak, 8 game home playoff winning streak.

If the Chargers beat the Patriots, they'll win the Super Bowl. That's my prediction right here. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Playing outdoors is a valid argument in Green Bay Wisconsin. Not S. Cali.

I obviously understand your point and I am aware of the weather difference between Green Bay and Los Angeles. I would think the grass vs. turf factor plays some sort of role. Also, the presence of weather in general (wind, sunlight, etc...). 

I, for one, am expecting there to be a large amount of Cowboys fans present. And there was a discussion earlier in this thread where it seemed some Cowboy fans were hinting that there won't be much, if any, of a home field advantage for the Rams. But I'd think you'd have to take the indoor/outdoor factor into some sort of consideration. The Cowboys would be much more comfortable in their dome. Then again, it may not play a factor at all.

3 minutes ago, Special Teamer said:

I obviously understand your point and I am aware of the weather difference between Green Bay and Los Angeles. I would think the grass vs. turf factor plays some sort of role. Also, the presence of weather in general (wind, sunlight, etc...). 

I, for one, am expecting there to be a large amount of Cowboys fans present. And there was a discussion earlier in this thread where it seemed some Cowboy fans were hinting that there won't be much, if any, of a home field advantage for the Rams. But I'd think you'd have to take the indoor/outdoor factor into some sort of consideration. The Cowboys would be much more comfortable in their dome. Then again, it may not play a factor at all.

Just a couple notes on this:

1. We practice on grass

2. Our dome fully opens up. The roof and walls. It becomes virtually an open air stadium.  

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

There's about the same chance he's not in Philly as say Zeke not being in Dallas. To put it into perspective.

All Nick is doing is possibly forcing the Eagles to Tag/Trade him instead of letting him walk freely.

That would be asinine in my eyes. If by chance he wins you guys another SB and yall still roll with Wentz. I cant see how any FO or coach could justify that decision. 

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Has there ever been two WC teams playing against  each other in a Championship Game?

I mean complete the Circle and just put Dallas vs Eagles too. No #1/2 seeds need apply. 😎

I know.  i thought it looked too implausible, but does anyone really think the Chargers aren't good enough to pull the upset?  I think they are a better team than the Pats, especially on a neutral field.  

As for the Colts, they are blistering hot right now, can score enough to keep up with KC on offense, and even have enough more defense to pull it out.  Hot teams can jump past teams in neutral.  KC is 3-3 over their last 6, plus the ye week,  Indy is not 10-1 and until late, held the Texans completely in check.  

And sooner or later a 5 seed is going to host a 6 seed in the championship game.  It could happen this year.  Especially with the conferences second best record (really tied for best record) being the 5 seed and the league's hottest team as the #6 seed.  Six seeds have won the Super Bowl, so why think they can't beat a five seed along the way.

The AFC has two teams ahead of everyone else (LAC and KC) but they aren't that much above everyone else.

The NFC is a different story.  Chicago's defense was the only threat to New Orleans or the Rams getting to the big dance.

41 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Just a couple notes on this:

1. We practice on grass

2. Our dome fully opens up. The roof and walls. It becomes virtually an open air stadium.  

1. Interesting and had no idea. I guess that is a good way to keep your team up to speed on different playing fields.

2. Had no idea about the walls either. 

I guess the HFA will not be present in LA after all.

5 minutes ago, Special Teamer said:

1. Interesting and had no idea. I guess that is a good way to keep your team up to speed on different playing fields.

2. Had no idea about the walls either. 

I guess the HFA will not be present in LA after all.

With the way Matt’s talks about us! 

Im

shocked

he didn’t take the life time sig

bet. Like why even play sat when it’s been determined? 

Like does Zeke actually run better at 6:30’PM central time? Does Dak see better On Sats than Sunday’s?

does Jaylons knee feel less sore on Sats than on sundays? Does lemarcus take less craps on sat than in Sunday’s there fore

hes much more dialed in? Some of this stuff is Mickey Mouse man. 

20 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I know.  i thought it looked too implausible, but does anyone really think the Chargers aren't good enough to pull the upset?  I think they are a better team than the Pats, especially on a neutral field.  

Chargers have a lot of flaws. The easiest to point out is how predicated our offense is on the swing pass. The Patriots have a pretty above average head coach with a solid reputation for gameplanning to take a team’s top weapon out of the game and force them to adjust. The Chargers offense has been anemic when they’ve been unable to make an aggressive pass rush pay with swings and screens. Our offensive line is just not very good and we have to scheme to protect it. We also don’t have a reliable TE to function as an outlet over the middle to take advantage of NE sitting on screens. 

Defensively i I can’t expect the Chargers to perform at the level they did against the Ravens. The defense played their best game of the year and you just can’t expect that kind of performance back to back. Pats have a QB that is pretty ok so I’d expect them to score more then the Ravens did. 

Special teams... Chargers finally have the capacity to kick field goals but also gave up a blocked FG and a blocked punt versus the Ravens. They can’t do that against the Patriots and expect to win. A single personal foul when a Charger head butted a Patriot after a crucial third down was enough of an edge for the patriots to win before. 

Chargers can pull off the upset but they are definitely the underdogs in this game. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

That would be asinine in my eyes. If by chance he wins you guys another SB and yall still roll with Wentz. I cant see how any FO or coach could justify that decision. 

Philly is in a unique situation with two franchise quarterbacks on their roster. Whos to say that Wentz couldn't do the same what foles did last year and this year? Before you counter with "foles came in and offense got better", know the facts first.. The offense has been heating up since the blow out handed to us by the saints. The team just woke up. Don't believe me? feel free to check yourself. 

Archived