Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

3 hours ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

It's not getting enough attention that we should be watching an all time great Super Bowl matchup between Drew Brees and Tom Brady. Thats the kind of matchup you tell your grandkids about.

It just seems like most of the love towards the Los Angeles Rams is media fabricated and forced. 

The Rams and the Saints were clearly the two best NFC teams all year. Yeah ****ty officiating. It's like boxing, if you don't want to leave things to chance you get the knock out. Saints should have put that game away earlier. If one bad call can cost you the game, then you didn't have a dominant enough performance.

10 hours ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

So Bill Vinovich blew that call because everything happens for a reason? Give me a break.

No but as I told my friend, who is a Saints fan, that you have to have lucky breaks to win championships. In 2009 the Saints had ALOT of calls go their way in the NFCCG. They got away with hitting Favre low which we know as the "Brady Rule" that took him out for the entire season in 2008. The Saints got away with a bad penalty in OT because Brees threw an obvious uncatchable ball being heavily pressured but the refs still called PI on a Vikings defender that ended up setting the Saints up to make a 40yd FG to send the Saints to the Superbowl. 

I could keep going on and on. My Cards in baseball was dead to rights against the Rangers. One strike away from losing the WS. I still dont know how they not only won Game 6 but they did and then won Game 7. The Heat caught a lucky break to beat the Spurs when Duncan shouldve made that rebound he normally does 9/10 but he didnt Allen ended up hitting the 3 and the Heat ended up eventually winning the series. 

Butler almost beat Duke in the National Championship Game. Every single time I see Hayward shot going up I still think its going to go in but it rims in and rims out. Duke won.

So lucky breaks come in all forms or fashion. Unless it comes out that allegedly the Rams paid the refs or the refs favored the Rams in any way then it was just a human error and the Rams caught a break. Both teams was catching breaks ALL GAME LONG. The Saints didnt get their first penalty until 5:26 left in the 3rd quarter. They show highlights of Goff passing to Cooks right before the half and he was grabbed by the facemask that wasnt called. Suh stood up on one play pointing at the play clock that was all zeros and the refs didnt throw a flag for delay of game. Goff facemask was missed on the drive before the PI was missed. 

In all those instances besides Hayward shot and the buzzer that was missed against Duke, those teams had opportunities to over come those adversities. The Vikings had chances to overcome those bad calls against the Saints. The Rangers still couldve beaten the Cards in Game 7 to win the WS. The Spurs still couldve beaten the Heat in Game 7 to win the NBA Finals. The Kings got screwed badly against the Lakers in the playoffs but they still had a chance to win Game 7. The Saints had chances after that missed call to win the game and they didnt.

You can believe whatever you want to believe at the end of the day the Rams are in the Superbowl and its meant for them to have a shot at Belichick and Brady again in the Superbowl. 

3 hours ago, DR43 said:

Let me give an early welcome to the #6 super bowl club to the New England Patriots!

My Steelers will no longer be the sole member come this evening.

This was a fantastic jinx. Your Defense Against the Dark Arts proffessors are proud

How are all the Pats and Rams fans feeling right now? Kind of glad that my city doesn't have a team (Toronto), even if we did I'd doubt we'd ever make the SB lol. I would either be a nervous wreck right now or on my way to absolute drunkness lol.

Archived