Browns trade for OBJ

49erurtaza

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Lord people really need to quit thinking of "old Cleveland" Cleveland has went through a extreme facelift over the past 6-7 years and is a really fun city. Its just not the massive size and media market NY is

Also, this isnt the NBA. One of the greatest QBs of all time has played the last decade+ in Green Bay Wisconsin. Would anybody mention the city if OBJ was traded there?

Yes, they would. 

No one is talking about Green Bay with Rodgers because he isn't the guy who went to Miami and partied on a yacht a few days before a playoff game at Lambeau. 

J. Anderson's interview with odell during the season was really odd. First of all he was co-interviewing with Lil Wayne. She asked him:

"are you happy in NY?" and he said "that's a complicated question, I love warm weather"

I can see it now... J.Anderson asks him in an interview playing at halftime of the browns first playoff game: "are you happy in Cleveland?" and he will reply "that's a complicated question, Brown really isn't my color"

lol

When the niners were bad, at least I could always say 'well at least we aren't the Browns' now the browns are good im like 'dammit why aren't we the browns' 

13 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

How did OBJ get the media wrapped around his finger like this? These ppl are fawning over him. Kimberly Jones is literally about to cry. I’ve never seen anything like this

Sportswriters in New York are going to have much less to write about with OBJ gone. Their jobs just got a lot harder, and that’s something to cry about. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

How did OBJ get the media wrapped around his finger like this? These ppl are fawning over him. Kimberly Jones is literally about to cry. I’ve never seen anything like this

As a giants fan who actually likes the trade I'm saying this:  Beckham isn't a bad guy.  People speak very highly of him personally and he is well liked.  In fact reports are coming out that Shurmur is absolute furious about the trade. That being said, he's an immature kid that became a superstar in the biggest city in the world overnight.  He became bigger than the team and I believe that's why he had to go.  

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t expect OBJ to be “tamed”, but Adam Henry and Jarvis will help calm OBJ down.

He doesn’t need to be tamed, it’s just a gross exaggeration of who he is. Whatever he does is gonna be less magnified and you’ll see he’s not and nor has he ever been an issue. Don’t fall for the media BS

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

He doesn’t need to be tamed, it’s just a gross exaggeration of who he is. Whatever he does is gonna be less magnified and you’ll see he’s not and nor has he ever been an issue. Don’t fall for the media BS

I agree, it really seems that the media is either in love with him or he is a locker room cancer. I was against the trade at 1st but I also thought it would cost a lot more to pry him away from the NYG. I can't wait to see what Kitchens does with all these weapons and when Hunt gets back from suspension right around playoff time we will have a top 3 RB completely fresh and ready to truck over LB's. I have never been this stoked about the Browns ever, we just need a little bit of luck with the injury bug and they could really do something special. 

4 hours ago, Gmen said:

Sportswriters in New York are going to have much less to write about with OBJ gone. Their jobs just got a lot harder, and that’s something to cry about. 

...a wild Lev Bell had appeared!

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Gmen19851 said:

In fact reports are coming out that Shurmur is absolute furious about the trade.

I wondered about this. Thanks for posting that. 

I would be furious too, I bet that was part of the appeal of the job. Plus all the fans are pissed so now when things go poorly everyone will turn sour quickly. 

It's a tough spot to be in as a coach