Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

On 2/8/2021 at 11:20 PM, Mazrimiv said:

Part of me wants to see Aaron throw the ball to secondary receivers who are open rather than repeatedly forcing the ball to a well covered Adams.

Part of me wants a QB who is the consensus best player in the league.

Oh wait ......

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I would change a couple of those.  You can't have 3 number 2 throws, that is a cop out and it is cheating.  Top 10 means 10, not 10 and a couple of honorable mentions.  Also the number 1 was awesome, but it didn't count, so it shouldn't be on the list.

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I would change a couple of those.  You can't have 3 number 2 throws, that is a cop out and it is cheating.  Top 10 means 10, not 10 and a couple of honorable mentions.  Also the number 1 was awesome, but it didn't count, so it shouldn't be on the list.

..............but 'The Book of Eli'* says 12 is the new 10 (there were 12 disciples after all).

*Apologies for those that have no idea about that film

I think it is fair to appreciate all of the great things Aaron Rodgers has done for the Packers while still thinking it's time to go.

For me, he opened Pandora's box when he went to the media with his demands. Those things did not get made up out of whole cloth, they were given to the media to speak about during the draft. It was calculated. He was trying to force a move during the draft and the Packers didn't blink.

Even if he comes back the atmosphere is going to be different, in a not good way. I'd sooner trade him and get as much as we can. I would not trade him without a King's ransom however. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I think it is fair to appreciate all of the great things Aaron Rodgers has done for the Packers while still thinking it's time to go.

For me, he opened Pandora's box when he went to the media with his demands. Those things did not get made up out of whole cloth, they were given to the media to speak about during the draft. It was calculated. He was trying to force a move during the draft and the Packers didn't blink.

Even if he comes back the atmosphere is going to be different, in a not good way. I'd sooner trade him and get as much as we can. I would not trade him without a King's ransom however. 

Since this is the Appreciation Thread... I want to see his greatness in green and gold one more season and since its already June, it should happen. 

But I agree, 2022 is going to be the 'see ya until the Packers HOF induction' moment

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Too much individualism, nobody is above the team, or something

Pretty sure at the end of the clip he says "Super bowl contenders!" ... Those feeling with that big west coast win... That is the **** that gets the gears going, the wheels turning and the believing starting... This is a big first quarter of the season win...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I said this in the first half, "My distaste for Rodgers as a person sometimes blinds me to the fact that when he's locked in and feeling good, he's the best to ever do it."

I get it .. his ego and all that goes with it is oftentimes a turn off but when he's on his game, NOBODY can do what he does.  What a fantastic win last night.  On a side note, special teams on coverage still aren't special.

• Like 1