Official 2020 DL/EDGE Thread

CalhounLambeau

52 minutes ago, sherm said:

He can be double the prospect...but will he be double player? Of course his value down after having a solid rookie yr...not the Aaron Donald rookie season we were all told he was gonna have. Besides if he's gonna be a stud the Jets won't trade him for our 13th pick a yr later. 

I mean were you really expecting him to be Aaron Donald? Come on...AD is a Hall of Famer. 

Quennen Williams is about what I thought he would be, and there is still some upside there.  People expecting Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw to be anything much more than Williams will be disappointed.  That said, I think all 3 are worth top 15 picks.  It was a little rich for where Williams went, but he was a safe pick.  As long as he's healthy, he's going to be above average to very good for the next decade.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Quennen Williams is about what I thought he would be, and there is still some upside there. People expecting Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw to be anything much more than Williams will be disappointed.  That said, I think all 3 are worth top 15 picks.  It was a little rich for where Williams went, but he was a safe pick.  As long as he's healthy, he's going to be above average to very good for the next decade.

Nobody has said that to my knowledge. It was started with if we wanted to trade our 1st rd pick for Williams. 

1 minute ago, sherm said:

Nobody has said that to my knowledge. It was started with if we wanted to trade our 1st rd pick for Williams. 

Not saying you in particular, just chatter from around the web about them being franchise changing talent.  They'll be good, they'll do their job, but they aren't that.

• Like 1

Couple of quick hitters from me since I have yet to participate here: 

- I agree with those who don't believe Chase Young is the generational talent he's being touted as. I think there's a great chance guys like Okudah and Simmons are better defensive players 5 years from now. He's not a guy who I would prioritize over the compensation the Redskins could otherwise get for #2. 

- I have Terrell Lewis (#3) over K'Lavon Chaisson (#4). Haven't been following the thread too deep so don't know if that's a hot take or not. 

- Julian Okwara, Curtis Weaver, and Bradley Anae do not excite me. I have them pegged in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds respectively. Okwara at least has the framework to be molded into a stud. Weaver has a unflattering distribution of weight, a short wingspan, and doesn't win with functional strength or speed. He's a rotational end at this point. Anae is slightly worse, providing even less size and a similar athletic profile. 

Excited to dive more into this position group. I've only done light work on Zuniga, Alton, Uche, Willekes, and Kareem. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

- I have Terrell Lewis (#3) over K'Lavon Chaisson (#4). Haven't been following the thread too deep so don't know if that's a hot take or not. 

- Julian Okwara, Curtis Weaver, and Bradley Anae do not excite me. I have them pegged in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds respectively. Okwara at least has the framework to be molded into a stud. Weaver has a unflattering distribution of weight, a short wingspan, and doesn't win with functional strength or speed. He's a rotational end at this point. Anae is slightly worse, providing even less size and a similar athletic profile. 

Excited to dive more into this position group. I've only done light work on Zuniga, Alton, Uche, Willekes, and Kareem. 

Agree on Weaver. Not a fan of him at all. Also agree on Lewis. Think he's undervalued

• Like 1

Glad I called Quinnen Williams being overrated. He demolished single blocks, but got abused against double teams, which he hardly ever got in college. 

This DL group is horrendous. Probably the worst I can remember. Chase Young and Derrick Brown are the only studs. Absolutely zero depth or exciting later-round picks IMO. Practically zero high upside pass rushers. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Glad I called Quinnen Williams being overrated. He demolished single blocks, but got abused against double teams, which he hardly ever got in college. 

I said this a ton last year, but everyone thought I was crazy. 

This DL group is horrendous. Probably the worst I can remember. Chase Young and Derrick Brown are the only studs. Absolutely zero depth or exciting later-round picks IMO. Practically zero high upside pass rushers. 

I mean Terrell Lewis and Alton Robinson have all the athletic traits you want out of EDGE guys. If only there technique wasn't god awful. I also think Raekwon Davis is a guy who could go round 2-3 and surprise in two years. I also really like Davon Hamilton, he just moves well for a guy his size. With more experience he could be an impact starter. Also Murchison could be a pass rushing dynamo, if his hand technique is ever corrected. Overall though, a lot of maybes and what ifs with this IDL and EDGE class. 

Edited by YogiBiz
  • Like 1