Official 2020 CB/S Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 1/5/2020 at 1:01 PM, couchscout said:

Came here for this take... absolutely awful

worst tackling safety I remember and does not display the desired range to play over top 

Not many were worse tacklers than Eddie Jackson at Bama'. ....doesn't matter with fluid balhawks. And I think Delpit's speed is fine.

On 1/5/2020 at 2:34 PM, Ozzy said:

On the field in terms of coverage versatility Antonie Winfield Jr.is one of the best safeties in the class, had an amazing season and even has ability in the slot if asked to do so.  Will see if he declares or not.  

Was looking longer at Winfield and I was surprised at how leaky a tackler he is. If he's not lined up he's not hitting it. Also wasn't blown away by his speed/athleticism. Great ball skills and plays much bigger than his size but he's more limited than i thought.

On 1/5/2020 at 3:23 PM, jrry32 said:

C.J. Henderson has gotten majorly underrated due to Grantham's awful usage of him this year. 

I think if a coach can get Henderson to anticipate better he's got easy pro bowl ability.

Edited by BrownLeader

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

He's a stud

Agreed, granted the Penn State game was probably his best game of the year but still.  He dropped that one of the Penn State TE like a bad a durt, that was really impressive.  Teams honestly avoided him since that game and went away from him and rarely threw into his area of coverage.  With a good combine could be a 1st rounder because honestly he is better in deep coverage than McKinney or Delpit and is similar as a tackler.  Could play SS, FS or even slot CB or outside CB if asked to.  Only negative is his injury history but at least he was able to make it through this season completely after missing time in most of the previous two years.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

AJ Terrell getting whipped out there by LSU

I’m more concerned with Fulton out there. All the Clemson WRs have him stumbling all over the place. He’s usually reliable on the outside tackling as well and has missed multiple tackles as well getting trucked by Higgins.

35 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He's getting beat by Chase...

Not sure what you expect.

And Jefferson and Edwards-Helaire

Theyre going after him 

4 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I’m more concerned with Fulton out there. All the Clemson WRs have him stumbling all over the place. He’s usually reliable on the outside tackling as well and has missed multiple tackles as well getting trucked by Higgins.

yeah his game hasn’t been much better