Art_Vandalay

Trent Williams vows not to play for the Skins

18 hours ago, ET80 said:

I wouldn't be surprised, actually. I wouldn't be surprised if Houston does make a big push to acquire Williams.

I'm also changing my tune on trading a 1st for Williams; He's an elite player at a premium position, so spending a bit more than "market value" as dictated by the last time an elite LT was traded is worth - especially if you are in dire need to improve that spot, as Houston is.

An OL of Williams, Tytus Howard, Nick Martin, Zach Fulton and Max Scharping would be a drastic change for the better - that line could protect Deshaun Watson for years at a high level.

I also found out that Williams lives in Houston during the off-season - one of my buddies from college lives four houses down from him (this guy is STUPID rich...)

The Redskins are not going to trade Trent Williams.  Bruce Allen is a petty little man.  He does not care if Trent Williams wants out of Washington.  He will not let a player dictate to him what to do.  Allen and Gruden's jobs are also both on the line this year, so it doesn't make sense for them to trade arguably their best player for a future draft pick.  Dan Snyder also won't want to dump Trent Williams for marketing purposes.  A Trent Williams trade just isn't going to happen.  

37 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The Redskins are not going to trade Trent Williams. 

If Williams is on the roster week 1, his full year salary of $ 11 million is then guaranteed
Williams vows not to play for Wash, so Wash would have to pay him to sit on the sidelines.

https://overthecap.com/player/trent-williams/1466/

Should be an interesting battle of wits, or twits depending on your POV

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

If Williams is on the roster week 1, his full year salary of $ 11 million is then guaranteed
Williams vows not to play for Wash, so Wash would have to pay him to sit on the sidelines.

https://overthecap.com/player/trent-williams/1466/

Should be an interesting battle of wits, or twits depending on your POV

Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen do not act rationally.  They will not trade Trent Williams if he holds out.  They are petty and small.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

The Redskins are not going to trade Trent Williams.  Bruce Allen is a petty little man.  He does not care if Trent Williams wants out of Washington.  He will not let a player dictate to him what to do.  Allen and Gruden's jobs are also both on the line this year, so it doesn't make sense for them to trade arguably their best player for a future draft pick.  Dan Snyder also won't want to dump Trent Williams for marketing purposes.  A Trent Williams trade just isn't going to happen.  

While I don't disagree, it would behoove [insert GM name here] to at least make the call. 

I would like my Browns to get him put we just paid 10 mill for Greg for one year. 

Idk if you can have a 10 million dollar backup. Unless we switched him to RT and moved Hubbard inside to guard. 

But then your wasting Corbett again. 

Unless we groom him to be our full time center. 

Idk I just find it hard to see it happening 

12 hours ago, brownie man said:

I would like my Browns to get him put we just paid 10 mill for Greg for one year. 

Idk if you can have a 10 million dollar backup. Unless we switched him to RT and moved Hubbard inside to guard. 

But then your wasting Corbett again. 

Unless we groom him to be our full time center. 

Idk I just find it hard to see it happening 

Trade Greg and a 3rd for williams