Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Look If you love Stafford and 100% want him that’s great. Lions are a pretty poorly run organization and I’m fully aware what it’s like to root for a poorly run organization like as of right now Stafford is gonna join Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson as the great Lions of recent history with absolutely no playoff success to show for it. Stafford is the maybe the best QB you’ve since the NFL/AFL merger and I get wanting to keep him trusting the Ford’s ownership and this GM/Coach combo that you currently have in place is not the correct line of thinking. Getting out from Stafford’s deal and drafting Tua is at least something that should be thought about. Firing this GM who is living off reputation as a NE guy as well as the coach would have been a nice step forward and trying to make real waves rather than just drafting BPA hoping for a healthy season and perhaps going 9-7 sneaking into the playoffs and losing the WC game but if it doesn’t break right your probably going 6-10 and dealing away another key defensive captain at the trade deadline anyways. It’s a hard decision especially if you went decades simply not even having an average level of play from the QB position. You are in a position now you might not be in for a while it has to be considered. 

I get your point but it is NOT happening.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/lions-tua-tagovailoa-nfl-draft-pick/1q74s04i0gra91hg1rkcu3rkfg

58 minutes ago, Forge said:

49ers make it a point apparently to sign a running back every year. 

How do backs with sub-par vision fair in Shanahan offenses?  Like, I know you guys have Juice-Check, but there are times you'd swear that Melvin wouldn't know which way to go if he wasn't following a fullback.

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Oh, I'd be expecting them to get something like a 7th or a conditional Day 3 pick (where the conditions are something akin to Foles hitting benchmarks that would only be attainable if he has sustained Tannehill-level replacement-QB play).  I also think that it's a complicated matter where Foles value could substantially diminish once free agency starts (which is rare and seems counter-intuitive) because of other guys who could become available based upon signings yet-to-be-made.  If Brady goes to the Raiders, that frees up Derek Carr as another name that could be acquirable via trade.  Conversely, the Tannehill-in-limbo situation.  The, albeit I still find this to be more conjecture and much harder to believe, possible Jimmy G situation.  Yes, Foles has "accomplished more" than they have, but he's also 31 years old (older than them) and already tied to a similar contract to what they're already scheduled to make or likely to command on the open market.

Yeah, I see Foles as nothing special in this FA crowd.   That's the exact problem you highlighted - for every "name" QB that goes to an unexpected team - it just adds another guy to the FA vet trade / release market.  The value for Foles in this offseason is way lower than last year - when a guy like Foles gets a 2/40 deal....or a guy like Flacco gets a 4th from DEN.   This year, neither scenario likely occurs.   Supply/demand is so buyer-friendly this year.

In real-life, in this offseason Foles really is JAG....lol.

5 minutes ago, The LBC said:

How do backs with sub-par vision fair in Shanahan offenses?  Like, I know you guys have Juice-Check, but there are times you'd swear that Melvin wouldn't know which way to go if he wasn't following a fullback.

He's actually probably not a fit. I  mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they did something weird like that, but he clearly wants his money and I don't think he's getting a big time deal from the niners. He also probably doesn't have the top end speed Shanny would want. The vision thing...eh. I mean, the scheme is basically one cut and go with the windows opened up for the running back, but there are absolutely times where these running backs on the team now make a big cut back for a huge game. Coleman was probably the worst with regards to missing the open cut back lane, but the others were good and Coleman still did it enough. So I think with a lack of vision they could probably still be effective in some regard, it just wouldn't be great by any means. 

It never ends with the anti-Foles morons.

Mike Freeman on Bleacher Report :  "The most widespread belief is that Foles simply had a lucky run in Philadelphia."

He just got lucky...

• Over 11 1/2 games in 2013 -  9-3
  • And 7 1/2 games in 2014 - 6-2
  • and 1 1/2 games in KC in 2016 - 2-0
  • And 6 games in 2017 - 6-0  (please get a clue about the week 17 exhibition game)
  • And 7 games in 2018 - 5-2

He went 28 and 7 in those 35 games because he got lucky 28 times?

The 2 playoff losses were because Riley Cooper and Alshon Jeffrey dropped passes that hit them in the hands.

Is that your expert opinion that he just got lucky? If it is luck then he can call luck on demand and you should trade for this wizard.

The Jags offense ranked 26/20 in points and yards.

Minshew led them to scores of 3, 6, 10, 12, 12 points in 5 of his starts. Is this the dynamic offense that Foles should have dominated with?

From week 9 through week 14 you have an even spread of Minshew and Foles each playing for 10 quarters.

The Jags scored 57 points in those games.

• 33 with Foles
  • 24 with Minshew

The Jags finished 'strong' at 2-2 because Indy and Oakland had absolutely nothing left at the end of 2019.

• They both went 1-5 in December after 6-4 starts.

The Jags lost by 12 and 35 in the other 2 games after Foles was benched. They scored 3 the week before he returned from injury.

Foles ratings in his 4 starts:

• 41.7 (with 2 fumbles)
  • That's one really terrible half game vs Tampa, 1 game where he played really well and got hurt, and 2 decent games where his team was over-matched.
    • Indy and Tennessee combined for 480 yards rushing in those Foles starts so you could say Foles played like the 2019 league MVP vs Tennessee.

Rodgers played 2 games after returning from collarbone injuries. He had 5 picks and 1 fumble.

• 1 game in 2013 and 1 game in 2017.
  • Rodgers had 7 picks and 4 fumbles combined in the other 14 games those years. (12 full games and a couple 1st quarter injuries)

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why bother Skippy,  it's just easier for the masses to justify their agendas by suggesting Foles sucks and was just lucky.

If people can say Brady is a system QB then I guess nothing else even compares to that level of stupidity.

I have this Super Bowl shirt with Brady and Foles on it.

Brady threw for 500+ but Foles won MVP.

If that's luck, then it sure as heck works for me.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

If people can say Brady is a system QB then I guess nothing else even compares to that level of stupidity.

I have this Super Bowl shirt with Brady and Foles on it.

Brady threw for 500+ but Foles won MVP.

If that's luck, then it sure as heck works for me.

JAX is a complete train wreck, probably worse than the Rams were when Foles was stuck there.  Any decent organization would have shown Marrone the door when he re-inserted Minshew.

Best thing for him is to get traded to a good team with an established starter.  Come in off the bench if necessary and do what he does best — grab the baton and run with it.

2 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

There’s a reason they are looking to move him. 

It's called Tanking for Lawrence. They're moving on from many! They can't afford for Foles to possibly get them 7-11 Wins and out of that sweepstakes. 

Have you looked at the list of players Gone from that Epic 2017 Defense alone?

14 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's called Tanking for Lawrence. They're moving on from many! They can't afford for Foles to possibly get them 7-11 Wins and out of that sweepstakes. 

Have you looked at the list of players Gone from that Epic 2017 Defense alone?

You need to go watch the games Foles played in last year when he came back.

All I'm going to say.

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

It never ends with the anti-Foles morons.

Mike Freeman on Bleacher Report :  "The most widespread belief is that Foles simply had a lucky run in Philadelphia."

Lucky? No. He had chemistry with Doug, they brought out the best in eachother. But anyone who tries to insinuate Nick is even in the same category as Carson as a QB is off their Rocker. Nick, probably wouldn't see the same heights elsewhere (except like KC if he were to go there and be a backup in Andy's system with Mahomes going down). Nick and Doug simply are like two interlocking puzzle pieces. I love Nick and will forever appreciate what he's brought us. But Carson is better, and it's time for the Eagles to go their separate ways from him.

46 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Foles honestly reminds me of when Flacco had his run with the Ravens. Was never really THAT good. Just found his stride and had a great season. There’s a reason they are looking to move him. 

This is a really good comparison.