Poll: MM a good choice as next Dallas Cowboy Head Coach?

perrynoid

Would Mike McCarthy make a good choice to be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering if Packer Nation thinks MM might make a good HC of the Dallas Cowboys? Why, or why not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but only if he has a good DC
    • Other; please state your rationale below

32 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm not so sure about the part that I bolded.

Mac's offense really took off with Lacy in the backfield.  Opened up a lot of stuff downfield.

Personally, I think this is a great fit for Mac.  He's going to win a lot of games in Dallas.  He will end his coaching career with a crazy won/loss record.  There is a lot of talent in Dallas.  

39 minutes ago, tttmikeb said:

I voted no, not because I think MM's a bad coach, but because I just don't think he's a fit with DAL.  

-DAL's strength is running the ball with Zeke.  MM's reputation is not one of heavily favoring the run.

-I agree with those who have pointed out DAL's greatest successes have been with coaches willing and/or empowered to challenge JJ.  I don't see MM being that guy.

-Maybe it's just me, but he seemed very sensitive to criticism while here in GB.  I don't see that being easier coaching in DAL for JJ.  

Plus for the majority of his tensure MM had Favre/Rodgers and some good WRs.

14 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Please, please, please fill us all in Mac on your frustrations with the previous GM's "INACTIVITY."

Sure wish you would have grown tired with that inactivity before the end of your tenure and done something about it instead of fiddling while the roster burned.

There was a clear power structure with TT in charge of the 53... You could tell Mike was getting frustrated for a few years

One of the reasons Dallas hired McCarthy is apparently because he always beat them with what they felt were lesser teams.

They felt he always out coached them. Not the strongest reason if your coach is Jason Garrett... like everyone out coaches him.

56 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Plus for the majority of his tensure MM had Favre/Rodgers and some good WRs.

Mac has to be giddy.  He gets a good, young, mobile QB.  Excellent OL.  Great RB.  Gallup and I'd assume Cooper.

Offense is not going to be an issue with him.

If I were a Cowboy fan, I'd be a little worried about the defense.  They need a strong DC.

Wondering now....Cobb probably returns to the Cowboys?  New coaches like to bring in some of their old guys and Cobb fits that mold.

Can't wait to see how much of Mac's staff in Green Bay joins him in Dallas.

Would love to see Associate Head Coach Winston Moss dealing with the media spotlight that follows the Cowboys.

Dom for Defensive Coordinator (Jags can't block him)?

Philbin for OC (currently unemployed)? McAdoo? Raiders can't prevent WR coach Bennett from re-joining Mac.

Zookie or Slocum for STs Coordinator?

Just now, TheOnlyThing said:

Can't wait to see how much of Mac's staff in Green Bay joins him in Dallas.

Would love to see Associate Head Coach Winston Moss dealing with the media spotlight that follows the Cowboys.

Dom for Defensive Coordinator (Jags can't block him)?

Philbin for OC (currently unemployed)? McAdoo? Raiders can't prevent WR coach Bennett from re-joining Mac.

Zookie or Slocum for STs Coordinator?

I would very much like to see MM try to poach an offensive assistant with the 49ers or Rams as his OC, if they would let him go.

I doubt he keeps Kellen Moore, as I suspect Moore would go somewhere where he would definitely be calling plays

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I would very much like to see MM try to poach an offensive assistant with the 49ers or Rams as his OC, if they would let him go.

I doubt he keeps Kellen Moore, as I suspect Moore would go somewhere where he would definitely be calling plays

Dont know what to believe as true, but I've heard Jerry likes Moore a good deal.

He may want him around and to remain as OC.