Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Simmons doesn't even qualify as a tweener. Tweener means someone who is caught between two positions. Simmons can PLAY both positions. He's not a guy who is "too small" for LB, or "too slow" for DB- he's simultaneously athletic enough to play DB, and big/long enough to play LB. He can cover like a corner, and rush the passer like an edge. We really have never seen anything like him before.

• Like 3

I really want Thuney on Cleveland, but....

Bitonio = 9 mil

Tretter = 10 mil

Conklin = 8 mil

#10 overall pick 

I also read Denver wants Jerry Jeudy and wants to move up to 8 or 10. 10 would be cheaper, but then you have to worry about Jacksonville. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/woodypaige/status/1251679614935511040

Edited by candyman93

24 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

No we’re worse than the other 3 teams mentioned plus our picks are higher than most. I’d consider our 2nd though although our problems are more OT than G/C 

Have we not seen the Rams piss away draft picks?

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Bitonio = 9 mil

Tretter = 10 mil

Conklin = 8 mil

#15 overall pick, Ezra Cleveland

I also read Denver wants Jerry Jeudy and wants to move up to 8 or 10. 10 would be cheaper, but then you have to worry about Jacksonville. 

Fify 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Bitonio = 9 mil

Tretter = 10 mil

Conklin = 8 mil

#10 overall pick 

I want Jeudy badly too

47 minutes ago, BucShot said:

Simmons doesn't even qualify as a tweener. Tweener means someone who is caught between two positions. Simmons can PLAY both positions. He's not a guy who is "too small" for LB, or "too slow" for DB- he's simultaneously athletic enough to play DB, and big/long enough to play LB. He can cover like a corner, and rush the passer like an edge. We really have never seen anything like him before.

Brian Urlacher says hello.

• Like 1

FTR, if the niners could afford it financially (they can't), and thuney was a RG (minor quibble), I'd have no problems giving up pick 31 for him given guard is a big problem on the team. Having thuney to control Chris Jones in the 4th quarter may have won the 49ers a super bowl. I wouldn't give up pick 13

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

FTR, if the niners could afford it financially (they can't), and thuney was a RG (minor quibble), I'd have no problems giving up pick 31 for him given guard is a big problem on the team. Having thuney to control Chris Jones in the 4th quarter may have won the 49ers a super bowl. I wouldn't give up pick 13

He switched to right tackle mid game against the Steelers last year and did better than Marcus Cannon. I dont know that Thuney ever logged practice on the right side beforehand with the Patriots. I know he was a left tackle in college though. Not something you have to worry about with Thuney though, what side he is on. The niners already got Staley from the Pats, essentially, so I’d rather not do that trade if I am the Patriots.

Edited by DoleINGout

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Wirfs is clearly talented, but that's an issue that pops up on Uche's tape. He doesn't have secondary moves and counters. He's ridiculously physically talented but is raw otherwise. Once he has Wirfs on his heels, he shouldn't continue trying to bull him. Wirfs has the size and power advantage. Put him on his heels and then shed him. Don't try to bull him into the QB. Uche isn't big or strong enough to impose his will on a guy like Wirfs in that way. Uche is so intriguing though because he does have a legitimate speed-to-power game along with the ability to win the corner and bend the edge. If he develops more sophisticated pass rush plans and a deeper set of moves/combinations, he could be killer, especially in light of his ability in coverage.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Wirfs is clearly talented, but that's an issue that pops up on Uche's tape. He doesn't have secondary moves and counters. He's ridiculously physically talented but is raw otherwise. Once he has Wirfs on his heels, he shouldn't continue trying to bull him. Wirfs has the size and power advantage. Put him on his heels and then shed him. Don't try to bull him into the QB. Uche isn't big or strong enough to impose his will on a guy like Wirfs in that way. Uche is so intriguing though because he does have a legitimate speed-to-power game along with the ability to win the corner and bend the edge. If he develops more sophisticated pass rush plans and a deeper set of moves/combinations, he could be killer, especially in light of his ability in coverage.

I feel like Michigan just does a piss poor job of developing their players. Well, at least so far it seems that way. They've done practically nothing with a cupboard full of top tier players both on the field and in development.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Brian Urlacher is nowhere near the athlete Simmons is.

This is true, and while I think we're on the same side in this particular thread of thought, Brian Urlacher also wasn't playing against the capacity of athletes that Simmons will be.  This is the trap that straight comps create.  One of the main contributors to Urlacher having the success he had was that he was more athletic than most every contemporary playing his position, which was something that athletes on the other side hadn't had to deal with prior.

By proportionate comparison of athleticism then to athleticism now, it's probably more of an apt comp.  That said, the best more recent comp is likely Derwin James.

• Like 2