Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Things will be opened up in May. Not sure if that’s the right call, but it’s gonna happen.

I tend to agree with this.

Though selfishly, as a grocery store worker, I cannot wait until things "go back to normal."
The past month or so has been miserable.

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Things will be opened up in May. Not sure if that’s the right call, but it’s gonna happen.

Unless they’re gonna pass another stimulus for individuals and hospitals, they’re not gonna have a choice.

This $1200 weeks to months after a shelter in place order has been a joke tbh.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Unless they’re gonna pass another stimulus for individuals and hospitals, they’re not gonna have a choice.

This $1200 weeks to months after a shelter in place order has been a joke tbh.

The $1200 was never meant to save anyone

41 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

People seem to forget about those

Although I imagine people aren't getting that real quick either

I think there is a 2 week wait period, iirc. Plus, yeah, that assumes you can actually get through. 

From the people I've talked to around me (Ohio) they've been able to get in with little issue online. There at first though, you had to do it around midnight. Daytime the website was basically ddos'd. 

4/6/2020 MoL Scores:

"So I guess all the rumors are true you know I love a London boy, boy, I fancy you (ooh)." - Taylor Swift

Get well soon Boris <3

Today the MoL takes the fight to the state level, with a new level of granularity that should make all you nerds pretty damn hard

Tier 1: Outbreak under control, safe to begin relaxing social distancing measures

China: 1.5

South Korea: 1.9 

Tier 2: New case growth is minimal suggesting social distancing is working, likely a few weeks away from breaking into tier 1

Austria: 3.5 (active cases continue to plummet, we'll see if daily new case numbers follow suit over the next week or two, this is arguably a tier 1 number and Austria is getting ready to partially re-open but cases are still a tad high every day, per capita, for our liking... basically double South Korea, who has 5x as many people and better testing)

Australia: 3.6 (@Shady Slim I think your country is also damn near close to being a tier 1, when is your government gonna start getting ready to relax ****?)

Hong Kong: 4.8 (as the MoL said there was never a real wave 2 threat, it was travel related, they are close to tier 1 status)

Switzerland: 5.4 (the Swiss leapfrog Italy!)

Italy: 5.5 (their best day in a long time, they are really getting there, bet we start seeing some days below 1k cases in the next couple weeks, my hope is there isnt pressure to reopen a week or two early which could be crushing)

Netherlands: 8.5

Germany: 8.7 

Portugal: 8.7 

Iran: 8.9 (still not sure I trust their numbers, but very promising if there is any truth to it)

Spain: 9.0 (@malagabears the MoL believes you guys are clearly over the hump, welcome to tier 2)

Israel: 9.7 (they seem to be getting close to an apex, REALLY important people respect the lockdowns during Passover, good to see government taking this very seriously)

Tier 3: Countries in this group that are showing increased MoLs have the potential to go deep into the danger zones, but countries with falling MoLs may only be a couple of days from tier 2 status and may have already peaked in gross # of new cases

Sweden: 9.8 (we're gonna keep them in tier 3 for a couple more days, but just want to point out, the Sweden experiment seems to be working despite all the recent blowback)

Ireland: 11.4

Global: 11.8 (global average of these countries is inching downward, may be in tier 2 shortly, i.e. we could be seeing an apex shortly among this group of countries... although India or a few other places could change that for the worse) 

Philippines: 12.5 

Belgium: 12.5 (a laggard in Europe but still in a much better spot than they were a week ago when they were above the US... progress)

USA: 15.1 (the numbers look really promising the last couple of days as you'll see with the state by state, but just keep in mind this is still very much skewed by New York peaking and slowing down, we need to be vigilant, but there is reason to be hopeful we are where Europe was a week ago)

Brazil: 16.3 (we aren't seeing exponential growth here, looking like #seasonality notches another win, but the numbers are sort of sketchy tbh so who knows)

Japan: 16.4 (lets hope yesterdays number was a bilp not a trend, sounds like some form of lockdown incoming, its possible they were doomed by the border rush a few weeks ago but honestly doing a lot better than anyone could expect @Malfatron)

UK: 16.4 (a little bit of good news at least, UK seems to be slowing down at the same time as US and Canada even with a bad number Sunday, the lockdowns are working, lets all pray for Boris J)

Canada: 17.6 (so great to see our great Canada out of the red)

Tier 4: Aggressive growth, still likely have not peaked in single day cases, and likely a week or two minimum from peak in deaths (however many of these countries are still slowing down)

Turkey: 19.3 (on the border of falling into high tier 3, daily numbers are still concerning but lockdown seems to be slowing things)

France: 19.5 (just a day or two more in the dog house, France probably isn't that much different from Spain, I think on April 8th update we will see them fall pretty drastically once the impact of the 23k cases wash out... not a real tier 4 country tbh)

India: 31.0 (still my biggest worry, I'm encouraged that we aren't seeing the same explosion of cases we've seen other places yet indicating maybe there isn't a hot spot in India, which would be a disaster, but you never know where testing is here)

USA State Level MoLs

MoL-4620.png

New York still slowing, Washington breaks into Tier 2, overall good trends across the board, so far no new hot spots developing in the view of the MoL, probably the most concerning state right now is Florida as it is hanging in the high teens but today was a positive set of numbers overall for them

MoL.png

The MoL would like to thank everyone for their contributions to this important work including @ET80 @acowboys62 @dtait93 @Dome @naptownskinsfan @kingseanjohn @Malfatron @Shady Slim @malagabears @daboyle250 @vikesfan89 @ramssuperbowl99 and the others who love us so much

I would tag Webby as well, who makes this all possible, but I do not want to get banned

@TLO

Edited by mission27
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, mission27 said:

4/6/2020 MoL Scores:

"So I guess all the rumors are true you know I love a London boy, boy, I fancy you (ooh)." - Taylor Swift

Get well soon Boris <3

Today the MoL takes the fight to the state level, with a new level of granularity that should make all you nerds pretty damn hard

Tier 1: Outbreak under control, safe to begin relaxing social distancing measures

China: 1.5

South Korea: 1.9 

Tier 2: New case growth is minimal suggesting social distancing is working, likely a few weeks away from breaking into tier 1

Austria: 3.5 (active cases continue to plummet, we'll see if daily new case numbers follow suit over the next week or two, this is arguably a tier 1 number and Austria is getting ready to partially re-open but cases are still a tad high every day, per capita, for our liking... basically double South Korea, who has 5x as many people and better testing)

Australia: 3.6 (@Shady Slim I think your country is also damn near close to being a tier 1, when is your government gonna start getting ready to relax ****?)

Hong Kong: 4.8 (as the MoL said there was never a real wave 2 threat, it was travel related, they are close to tier 1 status)

Switzerland: 5.4 (the Swiss leapfrog Italy!)

Italy: 5.5 (their best day in a long time, they are really getting there, bet we start seeing some days below 1k cases in the next couple weeks, my hope is there isnt pressure to reopen a week or two early which could be crushing)

Netherlands: 8.5

Germany: 8.7 

Portugal: 8.7 

Iran: 8.9 (still not sure I trust their numbers, but very promising if there is any truth to it)

Spain: 9.0 (@malagabears the MoL believes you guys are clearly over the hump, welcome to tier 2)

Israel: 9.7 (they seem to be getting close to an apex, REALLY important people respect the lockdowns during Passover, good to see government taking this very seriously)

Tier 3: Countries in this group that are showing increased MoLs have the potential to go deep into the danger zones, but countries with falling MoLs may only be a couple of days from tier 2 status and may have already peaked in gross # of new cases

Sweden: 9.8 (we're gonna keep them in tier 3 for a couple more days, but just want to point out, the Sweden experiment seems to be working despite all the recent blowback)

Ireland: 11.4

Global: 11.8 (global average of these countries is inching downward, may be in tier 2 shortly, i.e. we could be seeing an apex shortly among this group of countries... although India or a few other places could change that for the worse) 

Philippines: 12.5 

Belgium: 12.5 (a laggard in Europe but still in a much better spot than they were a week ago when they were above the US... progress)

USA: 15.1 (the numbers look really promising the last couple of days as you'll see with the state by state, but just keep in mind this is still very much skewed by New York peaking and slowing down, we need to be vigilant, but there is reason to be hopeful we are where Europe was a week ago)

Brazil: 16.3 (we aren't seeing exponential growth here, looking like #seasonality notches another win, but the numbers are sort of sketchy tbh so who knows)

Japan: 16.4 (lets hope yesterdays number was a bilp not a trend, sounds like some form of lockdown incoming, its possible they were doomed by the border rush a few weeks ago but honestly doing a lot better than anyone could expect @Malfatron)

UK: 16.4 (a little bit of good news at least, UK seems to be slowing down at the same time as US and Canada even with a bad number Sunday, the lockdowns are working, lets all pray for Boris J)

Canada: 17.6 (so great to see our great Canada out of the red)

Tier 4: Aggressive growth, still likely have not peaked in single day cases, and likely a week or two minimum from peak in deaths (however many of these countries are still slowing down)

Turkey: 19.3 (on the border of falling into high tier 3, daily numbers are still concerning but lockdown seems to be slowing things)

France: 19.5 (just a day or two more in the dog house, France probably isn't that much different from Spain, I think on April 8th update we will see them fall pretty drastically once the impact of the 23k cases wash out... not a real tier 4 country tbh)

India: 31.0 (still my biggest worry, I'm encouraged that we aren't seeing the same explosion of cases we've seen other places yet indicating maybe there isn't a hot spot in India, which would be a disaster, but you never know where testing is here)

USA State Level MoLs

MoL-4620.png

New York still slowing, Washington breaks into Tier 2, overall good trends across the board, so far no new hot spots developing in the view of the MoL, probably the most concerning state right now is Florida as it is hanging in the high teens but today was a positive set of numbers overall for them

MoL.png

The MoL would like to thank everyone for their contributions to this important work including @ET80 @acowboys62 @dtait93 @Dome @naptownskinsfan @kingseanjohn @Malfatron @Shady Slim @malagabears @daboyle250 @vikesfan89 @ramssuperbowl99 and the others who love us so much

I would tag Webby as well, who makes this all possible, but I do not want to get banned

@TLO

You are a national treasure 

• Like 1