Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

The graph is showing the % of tests that are returning as positive.    Lower number of tests would cause bigger "swings" in the %, but when you are talking in the 1000's of tests in each state, the % is a better assessment of the issue vs the raw number of positive tests (cases)

Is there much variability between states in what percentage of the population is being tested?

It's crazy that arizona is at 25%. Are they testing mostly people that have symptoms compared to other states is what I'm wondering

Well, it's been officially four weeks since indoor dining started (including bars), and we've been hoovering around 1.3% positive for the past 2 weeks. A slight uptick from .8% positive the previous weeks, but still- proof that the spread is still very manageable. I thought for sure opening bars would lead to a huge uptick in cases. Perhaps many people are outdoors more? Still, a lot of people have been going to the bars. The regulations put in place seem to be working. 

I'd still like to see some investment in technological advancements before the fall, but it seems that the summer is salvageable at least. Outdoor dining seems safe. We've had that for 6 weeks now. Crazy how well we are doing, and seemingly seem to be the only state that has had indoor dining for a month and haven't seen any spikes yet. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Is there much variability between states in what percentage of the population is being tested?

It's crazy that arizona is at 25%. Are they testing mostly people that have symptoms compared to other states is what I'm wondering

There is a huge variance in testing per capita by state.

High positivity rates imply that the outbreak is really bad, that they aren’t testing enough, or both. In Arizona’s case it seems to be both as they are just under the US average in tests/million people.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Well, it's been officially four weeks since indoor dining started (including bars), and we've been hoovering around 1.3% positive for the past 2 weeks. A slight uptick from .8% positive the previous weeks, but still- proof that the spread is still very manageable. I thought for sure opening bars would lead to a huge uptick in cases. Perhaps many people are outdoors more? Still, a lot of people have been going to the bars. The regulations put in place seem to be working. 

I'd still like to see some investment in technological advancements before the fall, but it seems that the summer is salvageable at least. Outdoor dining seems safe. We've had that for 6 weeks now. Crazy how well we are doing, and seemingly seem to be the only state that has had indoor dining for a month and haven't seen any spikes yet. 

What state are you in? Here in WA, most seem to be wearing a mask and there doesn't appear to be a huge uptick in %. I'm in King County by Seattle so what I see might be skewed as I'm sure the fine people in Centralia and Chehalis aren't. 

Edited by titansNvolsR#1

17 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

What state are you in? Here in WA, most seem to be wearing a mask and there doesn't appear to be a huge uptick in %. I'm in King County by Seattle so what I see might be skewed as I'm sure the fine people in Centralia and Chehalis aren't. 

I'm in NY. The Finger Lakes region, which is doing really well, but my county within the region is very densely populated so our % positive is higher (1.3%) than the finger lakes % positive (which is slightly under 1%, I believe).

Everyone wears masks at indoor businesses. Not sure how prevalent they are when people hold a private get together. Bars and restaurants allow customers to take off their mask off while dining, but they must be worn if people are lolly gagging around. From what I've heard most people follow these guidelines, but the boundaries do get pushed when people are standing around the bar. 

I'm going to a bar on Sat night. It's an outdoor bar, so I'm still playing it safe. I haven't been to one since the pandemic started. I'm still iffy about indoor dining. Probably going to avoid that for a while. 

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Yakima is almost single handily ruining the whole shebang.