Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

2 hours ago, crkone said:

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-plays/fastest-ball-carriers

Look through the first 3 weeks. You may see a certain "slow" WR on there.

Thanks super much for the link.  Baseball has these actual in-game speeds all the time, how fast does a CF run on a ball on the edge of his range; how fast is a guy sprinting on a triple when he's in full-out mode; how fast is a guy running on a sprint to beat the throw at first.  

If I was a team, I'd be collecting a whole lot more of these in-game speeds rather than a couple of combine 40-speeds.

Lazard and Ervin both show up in week one on their jet sweeps.  Those are probably ideal plays with a clear sprint-speed factor.  Just trying to spring around to the other side as fast as possible.  I'm guessing there aren't many actual plays where guys are on the straight-line sprint-speed for very long.  

I'd love to have some collection of speeds like this in terms of normal plays.  On actual normal plays within our playbook, how fast is EQ vs Lazard vs MVS vs Adams on the different legs of a route?  Really interesting stuff.  

Jacksonville has some WR that might work.   Keelan Cole, Dede Westbrook... Both on rookie deals.   Chris Conley might also be an option.

Denver if they drop to 0-4 maybe would move Tim Patrick or DaeSean Hamilton

Edited by squire12

1 hour ago, Siman08/OH said:

I don’t think we need anything. Get through Atlanta with 3 TE sets and MVS deep shots and a heavy dose of running.

Post bye we get EQ back and a healthy Adams. 2 weeks after that Lazard comes back and were at full strength for the playoff push.

Adams needs to play against ATL. MVS has already shown he can't handle the No. 1 role. 

If Adams is still out on Monday, the Packers really just need to sign Kumerow. His value as a WR is as a break glass in emergency type of situation and that's what we're looking at here.

He knows the offence and could practice one day with Rodgers and they'd be on the same page. MVS & Taylor can run deep, Kumerow & Shep can do the underneath stuff. Kumerow is also an excellent blocker.

It is what it is.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Siman08/OH said:

I don’t think we need anything. Get through Atlanta with 3 TE sets and MVS deep shots and a heavy dose of running.

Post bye we get EQ back and a healthy Adams. 2 weeks after that Lazard comes back and were at full strength for the playoff push.

Is there any reason to anticipate EQ returning that quickly?  Just wishing or speculating, I assume, no reason to actually expect that, is there?