Spider-Man Mafia (Legacy Game) - GAME OVER SYMBIOTES WIN

Blue

Spider-Man

@Matts4313 was:

Peter Parker, Compulsive Vigilante, Spider-Man

The original, spectacular Spider-Man! Three of your greatest foes have started their own groups to try to bring you down; as long as you get rid of the ringleaders, the rest of the bad guys should be easy to round up. As the most experienced Spider-Man, you’re out there each Night bringing down the bad guys.

Each Night, choose one player to web up, eliminating them from the game.

You may fakeclaim: Prowler, Compulsive Mafioso, Villain

You win when the Sinister Six, Kingpin, and Symbiote factions have been eliminated AND at least one member of your faction is alive.

@Dome was:

Miles Morales, Ninja Alignment Cop Vigilante, Spider-Man

The newest Spider-Man on the block, you’re the ultimate secret weapon. Your ability to turn invisible lets you learn who your biggest foes really are. You’re also ready to step up if your mentor falls.

Each Night, choose one player to learn their alignment. You cannot be detected by watch or track abilities.

You may fakeclaim: Spider-Slayer, Ninja Alignment Cop, Villain

You win when the Sinister Six, Kingpin, and Symbiote factions have been eliminated AND at least one member of your faction is alive.

Hidden stuff: If Peter Parker is eliminated first, Miles Morales gains the factional kill, which replaces their investigation ability; they will keep the Ninja modifier.

@squire12 was:

Ben Reilly, Roaming Copyspider, Spider-Man

As a clone, you have amazing abilities that your other Spider-Friends don’t. It also allows you to turn the powers of your enemies against them, giving you an edge.

Each Day phase, choose one player to copy their ability. You retain any copied abilities for the next two phases (so if you copy a Day ability, you may use it the following Day phase but lose it after that if you don’t). You may not target any player twice or your teammates.

You may fakeclaim: Morlun, Roaming Copycat, Villain

Hidden stuff: Ben Reilly’s ability will fail if targeting the Cult Leaders or Jackal. He also does not gain any one-shot abilities. His ability copies any negative aspects of the original ability.

Spider-Man faction only needed to eliminate 4, at most 5 roles in the entire game to win, and they could win with 5 of the 17 Villain roles. They could also recruit MD4L's role into their faction if they targeted him (more on that in the Villain roles). They came soooooo close, only needing to eliminate Bucs on D5 for a win.

I also unintentionally screwed them over by forgetting to give Carnage a kill on N3 after Dome died. I'm honestly not sure things would have played out differently, as Squire was already 'caught' for the wrong reasons, but that's my bad, fellas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

lol, i thought you were SinSix for half the game 

I wasnt going to betray you by revealing that, but i tried to make extra sure that you knew i was on your side

i figured you would go after all the nonVillains

I was never sin 6 though. But thanks for covering my butt

4 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Hooooo being recruited got me a win but MD4L likely was my next hit if I would have been alone. It doesn’t matter! A wins a win! I had fun. Started super shaky

I think if you hadn't accidentally outed yourself on D2, you would have won quite easily on your original wincon. You were one of the very few people in the game who could win while dead.

Sinister Six

@biggio7 was:

Doctor Octopus, Flagbearer One-Shot Strong-Willed Universal Roleblocker Cult Leader, Sinister Six

Once a prestigious and respected bioengineer, Spider-Man has become a persistent thorn in your side as you try to expand your scientific pursuits. It is time to rally the disparate supervillains of NYC behind one banner—behind one man with a vision.

Each Night phase, you may attempt to recruit another player to your faction. One Night during the game, you may block all active Night actions except your own and Spider-Man. If you are eliminated, your faction members will revert to their original alignment.

You win if your faction outnumbers all other players at the start of any Day phase.

Biggio recruited @Daboyle (via redirect) and @Forge his first two Nights, and targeted @JoshstraDaymus on Night 3. Up until his brutal Morlun fakeclaim, I thought this was going to be a runaway victory for the Sin Six with the ability to prevent himself from getting lynched two Days straight, the only non-Mafia Nightkill, and a watcher who could potentially remove a vote each Day on top of continued recruitments. Biggio (rightly) assumed claiming Doc Ock would draw too much attention, but getting CCed by Squire (who had Morlun as a fakeclaim) was brutal. Still, Biggio could have used his one-shot to buy himself time to recruit someone but didn't use it--resulting in Josh killing his own presumptive Cult Leader.

Additionally, had Biggio used the one-shot, Matts would have eliminated Orca, removing the Kingpin recruiter from the game and leaving Bcb on an island. Totally different game if Biggio had used his ability, but alas. Would have been fun building a Thunderbolts team out of Biggio's recruits for the next game.

Kingpin

@The Orca was:

Wilson Fisk, Flagbearer One-Shot Mentor Cult Leader, Kingpin

Heavy rests the head that wears the crown. Long the unquestioned crime lord of New York City, you now have to contend not only with that pesky Spider-Man, but also other criminals with delusions of grandeur. Using your immense resources and with the help of your underworld contact Tombstone, it’s time to squash the spider once and for all.

Each Night phase, you may attempt to recruit another player to your faction. If you are eliminated, your faction members will revert to their original alignment; your mentee will remain a member of your faction, if they are still alive.

You win if your faction outnumbers all other players at the start of any Day phase.

@bcb1213 was:

Tombstone, Announcing Bodyguard Mentee, Kingpin

You’ve always worked for the highest bidder, and for the longest time, that’s been the Kingpin. Money talks; vengeance doesn’t. You’re all-in with Fisk’s plan to eliminate Spider-Man and the other villain groups that have started springing up.

Each Night phase, choose one player to protect from all Night actions. Anyone who targets that player will be told their action was prevented by a Bodyguard.

Orca recruited @kingseanjohn N1, failed on @Dome N2, recruited @Pickle Rick N3, then failed on Josh N4 after the Symbiotes beat him to it by literally two minutes (maybe less). KSJ was a really good target who let them control the outed SK, and PR made sense from a voting standpoint but would have screwed them in the long run (as he was intended to, lol).

I felt like this group panicked when Dome said Orca was protected by a Bodyguard N1. Orca could have just claimed Mason and the invest ability Bcb faked, giving himself an out and keeping bcb unidentified. Outing both of them simply put a target on their backs by the informed majorities. Otherwise, they had a really strong game but would have faced some challenges once Pickle inevitably betrayed them for his wincon. However, they were also the only faction that had nothing to really worry about from the Spider-Man faction as long as Bcb was alive.

Symbiote

@bucsfan333 was:

Carnage, Flagbearer X-Shot Activated Ninja Poisoner Cult Leader, Symbiote

Driven by psychotic bloodlust, your motivations aren’t a mystery: you just want to kill everyone you can. But you’re still a family man at ‘heart.’ What better way to cause maximum carnage than to ‘invite’ some friends to join the fun?

Each Night phase, you may attempt to recruit another player to your faction. If you are eliminated, your faction members will revert to their original alignment.

Hidden stuff: MAXIMUM CARNAGE: If Dr. Octopus, Kingpin, or a Spider-Man is eliminated by vote or a non-Symbiote player’s ability while Carnage is still in the game, the next Night Carnage will be able to kill a player of their choice in addition to their regular Night recruit action. If Carnage chooses a player they have previously failed to recruit for this kill, it is not treated as visiting the kill target on that Night. If they fail to use this kill immediately, it is lost. Tombstone’s, Venom’s, and Mister Negative’s protection abilities may cancel this kill.

Carnage cannot recruit Venom, nor can Carnage kill Venom using their Maximum Carnage secret ability.

Bucs recruited @theuntouchable N1, @SwAg N2, @Counselor N3, Josh N4, @MWil23 N5, and @Forge N6 in a remarkable string of successful recruits. They weren't terribly good choices from an ability standpoint, but players > roles won out in the end.

Carnage was meant to be weaker than the other two Cults early but pick up in late-game, and that's exactly what happened. He had a max of 5 kills he could obtain, and he got 4 of them, which was nuts. Bucs intentionally recruited people who pushed him or wanted him dead, buying him even more time to keep building up recruitments. It was a really solid strategy and he managed to pull out the win despite losing two recruits to Nightkills and Malfatron blocking Swag's attempts to revive them.

I did make a moderator error in that Bucs should have received his first kill when Dome died on D3, giving the Symbiote faction a kill on N3 when Matts was blocked from killing Orca by bcb. However, I did get to put five kills in the next Night's writeup as a result, so I count that as a win for moderator fun.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

@Blue you wanted me to remind you of the N4 move

lol

So as it became apparent in the thread, @rackcs used a one-shot redirect to send @JoshstraDaymus to kill @bucsfan333...whom Josh had already targeted to kill. You then redirected Rack to Counselor. What happened then is that Rack 'redirected' Josh to Bucs, then your redirect (being placed second) sent Josh to Counselor, whom he actually killed.

This was one of three times order of operations actually mattered in the game (the other two being Rhino's 'move' and recruitments), and it was one of two times that it screwed over Kingpin.

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

This was one of three times order of operations actually mattered in the game (the other two being Rhino's 'move

I was pretty confident I was beaten on an order of operations N1. Disappointing! I drew a lot of moves and hoped I could have some meme fun with that role :)

Heres my DR sessions for the game.

Yes, I come off like a ****, but its all in good fun. Im the Yang to Swag Ying

On 8/8/2020 at 8:52 PM, Malfatron said:

dr session

3/4 last games i had a survival role. Im 1 for 2 so far

ok, trying my im playing selfishly enough so mafia doesnt hit me, but i know i need to get scum at some point too so we cant lose.

On 8/9/2020 at 10:41 PM, Malfatron said:

Master Session

I really hope acting like a maniac will get my enough votes to not be eliminated, and scum certainly wont hit me now, though i thought that in a previous game

On 8/9/2020 at 10:44 PM, Blue said:

ngl it's a pain in the *** to keep up with your vote when you keep changing it

On 8/9/2020 at 10:46 PM, Malfatron said:

Just dont count it until like 4 pm

just put 

Dynamic - malf

no matter what i do

On 8/10/2020 at 2:29 PM, Malfatron said:

session

my goal of being the 2nd or 3rd favorite eviction target is working gloriously

On 8/10/2020 at 8:33 PM, Malfatron said:

i guess my gameplan now is to try to expose everyone else in their fancy factions so im low on the hit list.

i think im already solid on not getting eliminated

On 8/10/2020 at 9:28 PM, Malfatron said:

prediction

josh is sinsix and mercy killed biggio because biggio biffed his fake claim

to keep biggio from getting voted out next day

On 8/11/2020 at 12:43 AM, Malfatron said:

seeing if my "butter up scum and feign interest in eliminating orca" tactic will work to buy me another day

also, make sure to give all the credit to bcb/hobo, who are wrecking scum.

and downplay my squire push

20 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I am so tempted to give josh up, but i would have to make 100 percent sure hes the elimination.

I might be able to dodge a hail of bullets one more night

20 hours ago, Malfatron said:

decided to keep my mouth shut

josh is a target enough

16 hours ago, Malfatron said:

That basterd mwil said hes chalmelon in his post and dumb me responded to it

i hope i didnt fall into a trap

I’m imagining that if I survived N1, scum leaves me alone/tries to push me in thread, while D2 I CC Hobo as the roleblocker, draw another invest N2, and if I survive the thread vote D3 could have acted scummy/town OP enough to get a watch, track, or invest, then skated through the rest of the game. I probably overplayed my ha d D1.

• Like 1