Alcohol Thread!

Glen

How far do YOU have to travel from your home to get to a liquor store ?

I'm guessing everybody in US is within 2 miles, but maybe some of our more rural posters have to go further to slake their thirst
I grew up in Milwaukee, WI -  and there its 5 blocks or less. Here in SoCal I'm within 1 mile of multiple options

Some states have quotas or rules about how many stores/ capita - others do not.
Texas has 5x the population of WI... but the same number of liquor stores. They both have about 2500
US has about 45,000 total, but I'm not sure if that includes grocery stores/convenience stores

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

I'm within a mile of one, just over a mile from a good one, and have probably 10 within 2 miles. CA is different since most liquor store are convenience stores, and they can sell liquor and wine in grocery stores. It took me a long time to get used to no booze in the grocery store, and no candy in the liquor store after moving from CA to CO.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

I'm guessing everybody in US is within 2 miles, but maybe some of our more rural posters have to go further to slake their thirst
I grew up in Milwaukee, WI -  and there its 5 blocks or less. Here in SoCal I'm within 1 mile of multiple options

Texas has 5x the population of WI... but the same number of liquor stores. They both have about 2500
US has about 45,000 total, but I'm not sure if that includes grocery stores/convenience stores

I'm technically ~2.5 miles by road from the nearest liquor store.  But i could leisurely jog there with a backpack in 10-15 minutes with a neat shortcut and probably another 15 back.  I've done it before, not looking for booze.  I like to use my automobile to haul my alcohol home in quantities sufficient for my needs tho, because it's easier and i like to buy in bulk.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 12:32 PM, Shanedorf said:

lol I live in West Allis, WI. I can literally walk to the end of my block and find 3 different liquor stores within sight.

EDIT - And even more bars btw. I can think of half a dozen bars I can get to without getting in my car and being there in less than 5 minutes.

Edited by beekay414

On 10/2/2020 at 12:32 PM, Shanedorf said:

No more than .5 miles in any specific direction, but that's if I want to pay stupid prices. I'll make the two mile drive to save $5 on Oban.