MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

8 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Mahomes and Rodgers are the only two names relevant right now and putting on one of the best MVP duels that I can remember. Gonna be a photo finish. We may end up with the Co-MVPs... If that happens, people who already hate those State Farm commercials are in for a treat lol.

Maybe co-Super Bowl champions too if the rules are tweaked

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Archimedes said:

We may end up with the Co-MVPs

thx to @BayRaider for putting this together all season long, greatly appreciated

And for all of the posters who bellowed about the Packers lack of weapons and bellowed about the Packers not drafting a WR...doesn't that add just a little boost to what Rodgers and MLF have accomplished so far ? Pretty impressive

Number 1 offense in entire league at 31.7/gm and a league - leading 33 TDs after 11 games

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/01/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-leads-the-nfl-in-all-these-statistical-categories-after-12-weeks/

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Josh Allen was slopppyyy on Sunday. His pocket awareness was awful. He took an awful sack on 3rd and 3 due to holding onto the ball way too long. The INT was inexcusable. Just a bad showing from the kid. 

I was watching that game hoping the Chargers would cover something like 5 points and it looked like he was trying to give the game away in the 4th, the Chargers offense just couldn't capitalize like 4 times in a row. 

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

thx to @BayRaider for putting this together all season long, greatly appreciated

And for all of the posters who bellowed about the Packers lack of weapons and bellowed about the Packers not drafting a WR...doesn't that add just a little boost to what Rodgers and MLF have accomplished so far ? Pretty impressive

Number 1 offense in entire league at 31.7/gm and a league - leading 33 TDs after 11 games

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/01/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-leads-the-nfl-in-all-these-statistical-categories-after-12-weeks/

What Rodgers has done is impressive but I can’t ever recall an instance where supporting casts were used as a tiebreaker in MVP voting, and beyond that the difference in talent surrounding Mahomes and Rodgers has been massively overstated. Doesn’t take away what either player is accomplishing though.

Edited by Archimedes

Supporting cast never seems to be too considered by the voters, nor should it. The MVP is basically the most outstanding player award, relative value to a team isn't what is being looked at here. If that were the case, we'd regularly see great players on otherwise terrible teams get the award, and I'm glad that's not the case.

I'd say Mahomes has the edge on Rodgers, right now, but we'll see what December holds. They both have one MVP at least, and are Superbowl winners. Anything past that is just another cherry on top.

I'd just like to see Russ go another year not getting any votes, because I'm petty.

Edited by Coffee & Contemplation
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Archimedes said:

I can’t ever recall an instance where supporting casts were used as a tiebreaker in MVP voting, and beyond that the difference in talent surrounding Mahomes and Rodgers has been massively overstated

Agreed.
I'm simply taking shots at all the small brains who took shots at the Packers offseason for months.
Mahomes is the current MVP leader, I'm hoping for the Co-MVP for Rodgers as you suggested earlier.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Happy for Rodgers. Always been a fan. Always liked Favre as well, and like Love. So strange how QB's I like always become a member of the Packers.

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

Hasn't Ryan Tannehill cooled down the last few weeks? I don't recall him being the same guy, but I could be wrong.

I do know this is the time the Titans O starts to go full bore Henry...

he had a meh couple weeks but after a rocky start vs the ravens he pretty much looked back to normal for the rest of the ravens game and the colts game. but yeah also he didn't have to do much vs the colts because henry blew up and all of a sudden we were up 35-14 lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jofos said:

I think Cam Newton should be getting some serious consideration...

Really? If so, Deshaun Watson should be in the chat too...

(FTR, Watson isn't in the discussion simply because the Texans aren't really good).

28 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Is Derrick Henry in this conversation?

A half where he posts 140 yards and 3 TDs on a pretty good defense is about as much as you can ask from a non-QB.

That pretty good defense was missing what may be their best player in Buckner. Henry is impressive for sure though but it'll take a monster five game stretch for him to be in the top 2.

34 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Is Derrick Henry in this conversation?

A half where he posts 140 yards and 3 TDs on a pretty good defense is about as much as you can ask from a non-QB.

I think he’s in the discussion (at least on a national level) now.

I think he needs to go full beast mode to finish the year ala last season to get legit MVP talks by the end of the year. Like finishing with/close to 2000 rushing yards, 20 TDs and the Titans going undefeated or only losing a game from here on out. Even if he does that, I still don’t know if that’d be enough to surpass Mahomes or Rodgers.

Edited by TitanSlim

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Really? If so, Deshaun Watson should be in the chat too...

(FTR, Watson isn't in the discussion simply because the Texans aren't really good).

I was joking

I do think Watson is one of the top QBs in the game however. Just the BOB factor kills him this year.

• Like 1