Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

14 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The Falcons gave up a pair of 1s, a 2, and a pair of 4s for Julio Jones... and he was a steal.

Rare you can give up that much for 1 player and still come out on top people give dimitroff beef alot but thats a huge gamble that is on his side he can brag about.    I honestly wouldn't be fully against them doing it again for Chase Young as i think he might have that type of hof potential at a position that can be game changing for the next 10 years or more.

23 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The Falcons gave up a pair of 1s, a 2, and a pair of 4s for Julio Jones... and he was a steal.

I've made a thread here on why the Julio trade was a good move for the Falcons basically every 2-3 years since he was drafted. I do a detailed breakdown of what other teams drafting in general area (5 picks before or 5 picks after) of the Falcons original draft slot got out their equivalent picks and its all FAR worse than having Julio, outside the Ravens who got a couple good players but no one close to Julio.

The thread is always wildly unpopular because of what people think draft picks are worth. I think the collective football public is getting smarter about things like not thinking a late first round pick is a sure/likely pro bowl starter or that every mid round pick is useful depth that is even worth a roster spot. But we're probably still too optimistic on what a draft pick will become, IMO.

27 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I've made a thread here on why the Julio trade was a good move for the Falcons basically every 2-3 years since he was drafted. I do a detailed breakdown of what other teams drafting in general area (5 picks before or 5 picks after) of the Falcons original draft slot got out their equivalent picks and its all FAR worse than having Julio, outside the Ravens who got a couple good players but no one close to Julio.

The thread is always wildly unpopular because of what people think draft picks are worth. I think the collective football public is getting smarter about things like not thinking a late first round pick is a sure/likely pro bowl starter or that every mid round pick is useful depth that is even worth a roster spot. But we're probably still too optimistic on what a draft pick will become, IMO.

That’s why I love the Jalen trade. Ain’t no way you’re finding half the player Jalen is in the late 20s.

9 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Aaron donald in 6 seasons has 72 sacks. He didn’t even really start or play early much his rookie year. I think he can get to 150 sacks for his career. He’ll probably play till his 36. Hopefully he can pop off during these next 4-5 years of his prime. 

top 10 should be doable and best case he gets to #3

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Our drafting in the Mike Smith era was a bit... suspect, to say the least. I honestly don't feel like those draft picks would have amounted to very much. During the TD era, we've had major issues drafting anyone outside of skill position players (there are exceptions like Grady Jarrett) and we only really seem to hit on skill position talent in the draft. Which is why I laugh whenever someone says we're a team loaded with talent, it's obviously not true. I fully expect that if we didn't pull off that trade, we would have drafted a bunch of bums.

Does any non-Falcons fan even remember the names of dudes like Peter Konz and Lamar Holmes? No? Well then, kind of proves my point.