Hunter2_1

Pick the QB  

101 members have voted

1. 1. who's better now

• Mahomes
    • Wilson
    • Can't call it

20 minutes ago, evilflamingo said:

So passing more than the NFL average is "extremely specific" LOL? The facts are what they are. You'll have to continue grasping at straws without me 🤣 

It is, because it denotes a very specific method to winning. Russell Wilson doesn't have to pass the ball a lot to win games. And he rushes for yards. But we are going to dismiss that and contextualize his performance under a very specific set of circumstances without any additional context. I'm sure there are other quarterbacks playing now that have a better record (QB record is another bad statistic thrown in that makes it worse) when when they pass for over 36 times per game, but you wouldn't rather have. But uh...hee haw because logic? K. :)

On 9/28/2020 at 7:38 PM, Nightime said:

Who is this “freak RB” that the Chiefs have? KC hasn’t had a better back than Chris Carson since Kareem Hunt, and he never played a 16 game season with Mahomes. 

Clyde Edwards Helaire has potential but he is not yet better than the underrated Chris Carson

Oh come on. I do agree Carson is underrated, but you can't compare the two. So far CEH looks like Hunt-lite. A lot of that is Mahomes of course, but that's my point - it's the perfect RB for him. Carson is pounder, first and foremost. Two totally different backs.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 1:38 PM, Nightime said:

Who is this “freak RB” that the Chiefs have? KC hasn’t had a better back than Chris Carson since Kareem Hunt, and he never played a 16 game season with Mahomes. 

Clyde Edwards Helaire has potential but he is not yet better than the underrated Chris Carson

It's crazy how underrated Carson is. Dude's an all-around pro, can do some of everything. People talk about how CEH is Kareem Hunt-lite or Jamaal Charles-lite, but Chris Carson is Marshawn Lynch-lite. He can run with the best of them up the gut, he's a crafty and feisty runner, plays violent, but he also can hold his own in pass pro and is a viable receiver out of the backfield.

• Like 2

I've always been high on Wilson, especially compared to most people here throughout the years, but even I can't exactly put him above Mahomes, given what he has done to start his career. I do agree that Mahomes and Wilson are the tier one starters right now, with Rodgers right behind, and then a bunch of guys below them in varying degrees of order, with Allen trending up. We will see what happens throughout the year. 

Love Russ, but no way am I putting him ahead of Mahomes. Russ has a darn good cast of receivers for the past few years or so. This ain’t 2012-16. Supporting cast argument doesn’t do much for me because we’re just assuming that Mahomes couldn’t have done what Russ was doing had he been in the same position with very little basis for it

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 9:47 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Oh come on. I do agree Carson is underrated, but you can't compare the two. So far CEH looks like Hunt-lite. A lot of that is Mahomes of course, but that's my point - it's the perfect RB for him. Carson is pounder, first and foremost. Two totally different backs.

Kareem Hunt is an All-Pro level talent

CEH may be a Pro Bowler this year, he has even better hands than Hunt, but I’d replace him with Kareem in a heartbeat. Carson is a different style RB but he has back to back 1000 yard seasons. If I was building a team from scratch I’d draft Carson over CEH

Mahomes just won a Super Bowl with a well below average running game, so he certainly doesn’t rely, or fall back on his running backs talent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nightime said:

The poll is biased towards whoever is dominating at that time. It started with Wilson in a landslide, now Mahomes took the lead after his MNF performance 

This forum is famous for recency bias. Person can be a GOAT one week, WOAT next week. You can pick the Steelers to win the division over Ravens before the season and attacked by 30+ posters. A guy can be a Top 5 QB after one great season, etc. I’ve always said the most terrible thing about the forum is recency bias, but still the best place to discuss football, Social Media is far worse. I always take a break from here the day after draft to day before Regular Season. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 9:40 AM, BayRaider said:

This forum is famous for recency bias. Person can be a GOAT one week, WOAT next week. You can pick the Steelers to win the division over Ravens before the season and attacked by 30+ posters. A guy can be a Top 5 QB after one great season, etc. I’ve always said the most terrible thing about the forum is recency bias, but still the best place to discuss football, Social Media is far worse. I always take a break from here the day after draft to day before Regular Season. 

Indeed it is. 

On 10/1/2020 at 12:44 PM, Nightime said:

The poll is biased towards whoever is dominating at that time. It started with Wilson in a landslide, now Mahomes took the lead after his MNF performance 

That's true, but I'd take a snapshot of it when it was Mahomes at 60%, Wilson just behind. Probably fair, but will probably fluctuate after whoever plays first next time