Mike McCarthy is 2-6 with the Cowboys

PackGymRat

Just now, Packerraymond said:

When not a single player came to Dalton's aid after he was cheap shot-ed like that, tells me all I need to know about the roster in Dallas. There's no locker room there. Not a surprise when the Joneses build that roster.

Yep. This is Jones mess and has been for a long time.

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

When not a single player came to Dalton's aid after he was cheap shot-ed like that, tells me all I need to know about the roster in Dallas. There's no locker room there. Not a surprise when the Joneses build that roster.

This ^^^

It's a roster of underachieving "stars" - it's not a team - who've got a new HC that took **** in the media for a year and was "chased" out of GB - so he's an easy mark - for their underachieving. 

4 hours ago, PackGymRat said:

I tried telling you the guy cannot coach. But apologists on this board can brainwash the sheep pretty well.

Sherman and MM were washed up when Packers let them go. If you get fired by the Packers I mean you aren’t at your expiration date you are like a few decades past it.

Yeah, people here also have this really weird instinct of performative self-flagellation when anyone dares criticize him harshly, as if doing so will bring the gods' wrath down upon the one Lombardi we won while he happened to be here and vaporize it in its case.

2-5 is actually too charitable, tbh. He was out-coached by NYG and Atlanta gifted them the W with that onside-kick coverage fail.

On 10/17/2020 at 6:16 PM, Joe said:

If Dean Lowry were an NBA franchise, he would be the Bucks. I have family back there and they tell me that nobody really cares about the Bucks unless they're doing well and even then it's not all that important. I was staggered to see that they got a new arena in which they will SUCK. Giannis is nothing more to that franchise than Kareem without the ring and he ain't gonna get it in Milwaukee. When Herb Kohl sold the team, the new owners should've moved it to Seattle where they care equally about all of their franchises - bring the Sonics back. Seriously, from everything I've seen in that state, the Bucks could leave tomorrow and nobody would really care. If it were the Brew Crew moving to..say....Omaha or some other city without a franchise, everyone would be up in arms. The Bucks, not so much...

Badgers football is akin to Georgia football: the team will almost always be very competitive, but it's not going to go anywhere because of one other team in the conference that will always outflank them. The basketball team beat Kentucky because they beat them at their own game the way Calipari was scheming that particular year; Duke plays in a more uptempo conference and had better athletes. What are you going to say? The Brewers are in a salary cap-less league and are a small market, that's all you need to know - they've been a glorified farm team since Robin Yount left to be frank and honest.

Packers are a much different story obviously because they've proven they can win - how many other franchises have won multiple Super Bowls since 1996? 5?

Seems you haven't actually seen what the Bucks have done in the new arena in the first two years. Whole lot of winning. And the ring comes next season, under some at least somewhat normal conditions, not the glorified Summer League one off bubble the league did to finish off this season. 

Now, you want to talk about local fans not caring about a sports team unless they do well, that would be the Brewers. This team was in the 2018 NLCS and numerous times during that season you would have a few thousand if even that at home games. People "care" about the Brewers as an excuse to sit in the parking lot outside the stadium and tailgate. Bucks in just the last two years have had more sustained success than the Brewers. And that run of Bucks success isn't ending anytime soon, either. Go take a look at trades that are very likely scenarios to add one more piece to them.

But you don't even live here, so what would you really know? 

• Like 1

It appears Mike's time has come and gone. I suspect Mike's offensive schemes and how he relates to players doesn't work today.  There were folks talking about how Rodgers became a diva and drove McCarthy out of town just 2 short years ago.  But now with a different coach and offense AR has found the fountain of youth.  I almost feel sorry for MM but it is a good day when the Cowboys lose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

It appears Mike's time has come and gone. I suspect Mike's offensive schemes and how he relates to players doesn't work today.  There were folks talking about how Rodgers became a diva and drove McCarthy out of town just 2 short years ago.  But now with a different coach and offense AR has found the fountain of youth.  I almost feel sorry for MM but it is a good day when the Cowboys lose.

Dallas was putting up points when they had their full roster. MM’s issue just like here is picking out the right defensive mind

8 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Dallas was putting up points when they had their full roster. MM’s issue just like here is picking out the right defensive mind

I'm not ragging on Mac here because I've questioned this thread as much as anyone but I've seen people say this all the time yet people fail to take into context as to WHY they were scoring. They were getting their **** pushed in on the reg and teams sat back in the 2nd half. 

vs LAR: 17 total points, 14 first half, 3 second half; lost 20-17
vs ATL: 40 total points, 10 first half, 30 second half; won 40-39 (down 29-10 at half & 39-24 with 8 minutes to go)
vs SEA: 31 total points, 15 first half, 16 second half; lost 31-38 (down 30-15 almost immediately out of half)
vs CLE: 38 total points, 14 first half, 24 second half, lost 38-49 (down 31-14 at half, 41-14 going into the 4th)

Giants game they were good throughout until Dak went down.

I have to believe the dysfunction is with the organization....Jason Garrett wasn't exactly tearing it up as HC, in ten years he averaged 8.5 wins and 6.7 losses....Winning at least 10 in only three of those seasons...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/GarrJa0.htm

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

35 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm not ragging on Mac here because I've questioned this thread as much as anyone.....

I think it a contrived thread that follows the "sports media" lead.

The teams underperforming / struggling  -  but they werent that good last year!

It's a new coaching staff on a team that had zero training camp. A new scheme? Same OC. Different DC. Scheme changes? I cant say. Doesnt look that different. It certainly isnt GB's offense.

Dallas has always never been far from the top sports media headline - every single day - even when the teams success didnt warrant it.
THINK of all the teams performing better than Dallas - for the last two years - and you hardly hear "boo" about them.  Nothing but mentions.
No other team has their individual players contract status disseminated in the national - daily - news. With Dallas - its a rolo-dex: Elliott?, DAK?, Cooper? Whoever's unsigned and/or has a pending contract issue?

The Dallas coverage is always extreme - so the "fire the new coach" narratives follow a well established pattern.

Edited by Leader

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

I think it a contrived thread that follows the "sports media" lead.

The teams underperforming / struggling  -  but they werent that good last year!

It's a new coaching staff on a team that had zero training camp. A new scheme? Same OC. Different DC. Scheme changes? I cant say. Doesnt look that different. It certainly isnt GB's offense.

Dallas has always never been far from the top sports media headline - every single day - even when the teams success didnt warrant it.
THINK of all the teams performing better than Dallas - for the last two years - and you hardly hear "boo" about them.  Nothing but mentions.
No other team has their individual players contract status disseminated in the national - daily - news. With Dallas - its a rolo-dex: Elliott?, DAK?, Cooper? Whoever's unsigned and/or has a pending contract issue?

The Dallas coverage is always extreme - so the "fire the new coach" narratives follow a well established pattern.

Exactly, they've been relevant even when it wasn't warranted....And we the public have been spoon fed year by year how good America's team is going to be....If I were a Cowboy's fan, I'd sue the Joneses for malpractice....

1 hour ago, Howler said:

McCarthy is the not the best guy to be in charge when the ship is going down. He's been given a harsh deck of cards however. 

I don't think he got a harsh set of cards.

He got a team that had about as solid, if not spectacular of an offensive line as you can have.

He got a stacked offensive position room.

He got a very good, young, mobile QB.

He got an elite pass rusher.  And then was gifted two other guys who have been elite in Smith and Griffith.

He had two or three stud ILBs.

And he gets to play in a division with pretty poor talent.

And he got an owner with deep pockets.

His "harshness" has come in the wake of injuries.  Those offensive skill positions don't do much when the o-line is 4/5 of their line.  And now, it may be 5/5 of the line.  And it could be that even backups are injured.

And the D has been down one or two ILBs.

Injuries are hurting them big time.

I think the issue in Dallas is locker room leadership.  Too many "me" guys, not enough "team" guys.  Jerruh should have brought in some high character guys with Super Bowl rings to rub off on the rest of the locker room.  But he didn't, and now they have a mess.  And it could be a mess that could lead to Mac being the scapegoat.