Week 11: Packers vs Colts

Malfatron

39 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Meh, I hope that's their gameplan. If they go in thinking Rivers will eat us alive and that's their focus, we win IMO. That's as long as King and Jaire return. His team last year was worse, but Allen, Williams and Henry were better than any of his targets currently. 

The Colts have a very good OL, and 3 capable backs. They should play us the same way as Minny and Jacksonville did. If they think Rivers is going to out-play Rodgers, they'll lose.

Just so everyone doesn't think I'm being totally pessimistic, I think this Packers team, with this schedule can still go 12-4. That being said, I fully expect one of the "4" to be the Colts. They are a terrible match-up for us across the board. Frankly, if we can keep the game reasonably close (unlike we did in Tampa), I'll be impressed. 

1 hour ago, Pugger said:.  

Taylor is a nice back.  A lot of us watched him play at Wisconsin.  I haven't watched him much with you guys so I'm surprised he isn't hitting the holes well.  His biggest problem since college is ball security.

You guys should be one of our toughest teams remaining on the schedule.  

He’s been working with our RB coach Tom Rathman (yes that one) so his ball security wasn’t a problem until he went against the Raven’s D. His one fumble in 100+ attempts was returned for a TD. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Just so everyone doesn't think I'm being totally pessimistic, I think this Packers team, with this schedule can still go 12-4. That being said, I fully expect one of the "4" to be the Colts. They are a terrible match-up for us across the board. Frankly, if we can keep the game reasonably close (unlike we did in Tampa), I'll be impressed. 

I also think they match up pretty well with us. They dropped some games earlier in the season but it’s pretty clear that they have improved and not so clear that we have.  Getting our secondary back will be huge but I  am not optimistic.

Every week is different and one bounce of the ball can change a game but if we don’t play our best, Ind is ready to hand us the L.

They are an uncommon opponent but last time we beat the Colts in their house was in Baltimore in 1974.  We also tied them in 1982 but all loses since then. Let’s make some history!

Edited by Refugee

48 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Meh, I hope that's their gameplan. If they go in thinking Rivers will eat us alive and that's their focus, we win IMO. That's as long as King and Jaire return. His team last year was worse, but Allen, Williams and Henry were better than any of his targets currently. 

The Colts have a very good OL, and 3 capable backs. They should play us the same way as Minny and Jacksonville did. If they think Rivers is going to out-play Rodgers, they'll lose.

Right now our best WR target is Michael Pittman, he isn’t now but he could be a Vincent Jackson type receiver down the road. Hilton is in decline, Doyle is a blocker who can occasionally catch the ball. Marcus Johnson is supposed to be our deep threat guy but Rivers keeps throwing INTs when targeting him. Our only other receivers/targets are young guys like Pascal and Alie-Cox who disappear in some games whether by not getting separation or the ball is going elsewhere. Trey Burton is now our Philly special QB for some reason. 

1 hour ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Right now our best WR target is Michael Pittman, he isn’t now but he could be a Vincent Jackson type receiver down the road. Hilton is in decline, Doyle is a blocker who can occasionally catch the ball. Marcus Johnson is supposed to be our deep threat guy but Rivers keeps throwing INTs when targeting him. Our only other receivers/targets are young guys like Pascal and Alie-Cox who disappear in some games whether by not getting separation or the ball is going elsewhere. Trey Burton is now our Philly special QB for some reason. 

I think you're missing the point here: Rivers won't have to throw the ball much; our run defense is as bad if not worse than last year as evidenced by Minnesota two weeks ago. The question is not HOW we're burned against the run, it's WHO will be doing the damage. The sensical vote is Hines, but I'm going to go with Taylor because it's a game in which he can bounce back from the fumble and regain his confidence. Doyle will probably be a short-yardage guy in this game if they have a 3rd and 5 or 2nd/3rd and 7 type of scenario; plus we easily fall prey to gadget plays and trick plays.

Couple all of that with the fact that Indy can be physical when they want to be and you have a far better head coach and DC and it spells another blowout loss for us. We struggled at home against the Jags who were with a rookie 3rd string QB and a banged up OL and we really only got pressure when Jax was on its last gasps...

This and the Chicago games were the one I thought would be big for us after the Tampa loss. I hope the offense is ready to watch the Jags tape, burn it. sage the whole stadium, facility and their individual homes, pray to whatever they believe in and get ready to get back on track. I don't think Indy will let us just hang around.

5 hours ago, Reaper said:

The packers laid an egg in what I think was the only real prove you belong game thus far in the season..TB..this is a chance for them to prove they can do it against a good/upper tier team.

is your criteria of "prove it" games those games in which we lose against a good opponent?

otherwise, it's odd a "prove it" game doesn't include vs the team we're tied for with best record in the NFC

• Like 1