Week 11: Packers vs Colts

Malfatron

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Honestly if those three did play this game, one of them would have a 100 yard game against Pettine.

The Fire Pettine thread has been quiet against Mullens and Luton.  Wait for Rivers.  It’ll come back in fashion with a vengeance.

I am NOT going to enjoy this Colts game.

if rivers looks good, Pettine really needs to go. Dude is a statue

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Honestly if those three did play this game, one of them would have a 100 yard game against Pettine.

Ya think? If only one of the three put up 100 yard game, that's a decent performance by the defense.

Of course there is the possibility that I am being dense and you don't mean these players in their prime,

Edited by Mazrimiv

1 minute ago, HeresAGuy said:

Colts are going to show us what defense looks like and that startles me

lol yep, 100%. The colts will play solid against adams, but no other WR will be able to make an impact to help out, maybe lazard if he can play, but I'm still not sold on lazard being a good number 2 receiver. Defense will get gashed consistently like usual. Colts WRs will be running wide open in the secondary, not because of the lack of talent on the defense, but because the lack of talent at defensive coordinator. I'm predicting something of score like Colts 34, Packers 23. I can't wait until Derrick Henry breaks the rushing record against the Packers defense. I could see Henry throwing someone like Sullivan into the 3rd row with a stiff arm.

9 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

IF it's going to cause you PTSD, why not tune in when the team plays somebody with only one win....Oh wait, that was today....Call your therapist at once....

I mean..........startling can be your ice machine making ice in the middle of the night when its almost empty giving you a quick jump than things return to normal.  Thats what I consider startling.  Isn't jumping to PTSD kind of..........drastic?  

Granted, I have actually literally also been shot at before in two deployments, but what do I know about PTSD?  I will be concerned with it to a degree it is rational in a game that grown adults play in a sports competition.  But that is all.  

Finally, if you are going to use today as an example of things going according to plan and not to worry about it, ummm, thats also a horrible example.  Cuz we were straight bootie trash today and almost lost to said one win team.  Playing a team with more than one win that is good at football, and borderline elite on defense, draws concern from a sporting standpoint.  Im hoping the guys come to play with more urgency than they showed today.  Ill leave it there.

9 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

I mean..........startling can be your ice machine making ice in the middle of the night when its almost empty giving you a quick jump than things return to normal.  Thats what I consider startling.  Isn't jumping to PTSD kind of..........drastic?  

Granted, I have actually literally also been shot at before in two deployments, but what do I know about PTSD?  I will be concerned with it to a degree it is rational in a game that grown adults play in a sports competition.  But that is all.  

Finally, if you are going to use today as an example of things going according to plan and not to worry about it, ummm, thats also a horrible example.  Cuz we were straight bootie trash today and almost lost to said one win team.  Playing a team with more than one win that is good at football, and borderline elite on defense, draws concern from a sporting standpoint.  Im hoping the guys come to play with more urgency than they showed today.  Ill leave it there.

We've struggled twice lately against teams with only one win....I consider that startling....Yes indeed, next week has a chance of going south on us....Indy has a good defense and Rivers had his way with us last season as a member of the Chargers....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

22 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

We lost to Jacksonville, so if you’re clearly going to beat them then you’ll clearly beat us. 

Our OL has been phenomenal pass blocking but not as good run blocking. That’s not me trying to make excuses for Taylor’s bad start this season. The line just hasn’t been getting to the second level as well as they have in the past. And Taylor’s not reacting to the holes well. 

CB Kenny Moore left Thursday’s game with a rib injury and TE Jack Doyle missed the game because of a concussion after a helmet to helmet hit in the Ravens game that wasn’t called. Hopefully the long stretch between games gives them both enough time to heal. 

It’s likely I’m going to be watching the game with my friends who are Packer fans so hopefully I don’t have to watch a blowout either way.

At the beginning of the season I thought this was one of our home losses this season but the defense has played beyond my expectations. And Reich learning how to use Nyheim Hines correctly along with Pittman starting to come into his own gives me hope that this offense can finally become formidable. I still think there is a good chance we lose this game because of a bad Rivers pass or Reich calling a stupid play that doesn’t work. But I expect it to be close 

In the end we eked out that win against Jax at home.  For some reason our O wasn't firing on all cylinders.  The wind up there yesterday affecting the passing game but I was more disappointed we couldn't run the ball like we normally do.  Our D has problems covering TEs.  We should have our starting corners back so that will help.  

Taylor is a nice back.  A lot of us watched him play at Wisconsin.  I haven't watched him much with you guys so I'm surprised he isn't hitting the holes well.  His biggest problem since college is ball security.

You guys should be one of our toughest teams remaining on the schedule.  

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

if rivers looks good, Pettine really needs to go. Dude is a statue

Rivers is going to eat us alive. He did last year and he's on a much better team this year. He may be a statue but he's smart and very good at pre-snap reads. I could see a day from him where he's like 26-30 throwing the ball with a near-perfect rating. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Rivers is going to eat us alive. He did last year and he's on a much better team this year. He may be a statue but he's smart and very good at pre-snap reads. I could see a day from him where he's like 26-30 throwing the ball with a near-perfect rating. 

Meh, I hope that's their gameplan. If they go in thinking Rivers will eat us alive and that's their focus, we win IMO. That's as long as King and Jaire return. His team last year was worse, but Allen, Williams and Henry were better than any of his targets currently. 

The Colts have a very good OL, and 3 capable backs. They should play us the same way as Minny and Jacksonville did. If they think Rivers is going to out-play Rodgers, they'll lose.