Week 11: Packers vs Colts

Malfatron

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

is your criteria of "prove it" games those games in which we lose against a good opponent?

otherwise, it's odd a "prove it" game doesn't include vs the team we're tied for with best record in the NFC

I don’t think it’s odd at all. I would like this team to prove that it can beat a team like the colts, good defensive team, effective QB, decent running game. In order to win we likely have to be good in all facets. It’s been a long time since we played NO. I’d like to see this team bring some nasty and some energy. 

• Like 1

Historically, we've been able to rise up and give the Pack a good game. I honestly don't know what is going to happen, as both of our teams have been inconsistent. Rivers is finding some short to mid range success, and that has been sorely needed. The front four of the D is as stout as I have seen since they moved to Indy. 

Depending on the  back seven and who is healthy, we go into zone/big cushion mode and AR will eat that alive./ 

8 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

He’s been working with our RB coach Tom Rathman (yes that one) so his ball security wasn’t a problem until he went against the Raven’s D. His one fumble in 100+ attempts was returned for a TD. 

Oh good.  I'm glad he is getting better at that - except for one game this weekend.  😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

is your criteria of "prove it" games those games in which we lose against a good opponent?

otherwise, it's odd a "prove it" game doesn't include vs the team we're tied for with best record in the NFC

It's only the losses that prove something.  The wins all come with caveats that make them less meaningful.

15 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

A win vs IND would certainly feel better than a loss, but I'm not sure that a win proves much of anything for either team.  The "prove it" games are in January, not November.

If you can't prove it in November against a good team, unless something drastically changes, you won't be able to prove it against good teams in January.

In DVOA:

Overall: Indy ranks 5th (23.1%), GB ranks 7th (16.0%)

Matchups:

GB offense (2nd) vs Indy defense (4th)

Indy offense (18th) vs GB defense (16th)

GB specials (24th) vs Indy specials (6th)

This is a tough game. If we're sharp, I like our chances. I suspect there will be an emphasis on protecting the ball after last week. If our pass-rush/aggressive defense shows up, I like our chances of bothering Rivers enough to turn him over (7 INTs on the season to 11 TDs). Hopefully Gary can stack his success from last week (team leading 7 pressures), and Z and Preston can elevate their game a bit to apply more pressure than we've been averaging this season. Having a healthy King and Jaire will help tremendously. Adding Lazard back will give Rodgers another option. Hopefully we are close to full strength before this one kicks off. I'd like to see a mentally tough, hard-fought road victory to give this squad (especially the defense) some swagger and confidence heading into the 2nd half of the (playoff-included) season. A 24-16ish type win would get me excited about the playoff potential of this squad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

In DVOA:

Overall: Indy ranks 5th (23.1%), GB ranks 7th (16.0%)

Matchups:

GB offense (2nd) vs Indy defense (4th)

Indy offense (18th) vs GB defense (16th)

GB specials (24th) vs Indy specials (6th)

This is a tough game. If we're sharp, I like our chances. I suspect there will be an emphasis on protecting the ball after last week. If our pass-rush/aggressive defense shows up, I like our chances of bothering Rivers enough to turn him over (7 INTs on the season to 11 TDs). Hopefully Gary can stack his success from last week (team leading 7 pressures), and Z and Preston can elevate their game a bit to apply more pressure than we've been averaging this season. Having a healthy King and Jaire will help tremendously. Adding Lazard back will give Rodgers another option. Hopefully we are close to full strength before this one kicks off. I'd like to see a mentally tough, hard-fought road victory to give this squad (especially the defense) some swagger and confidence heading into the 2nd half of the (playoff-included) season. A 24-16ish type win would get me excited about the playoff potential of this squad.

I'll be impressed if we hold Rivers to under 16 points in the first half.