Week 11: Packers vs Colts

Malfatron

1 minute ago, Brad gluckman said:

They beat the Saints, but I get what you're saying. To be honest, I'm surprised they were even in this. I expected the whole game to be like the second half. They definitely have a tendency to roll over against good teams.

Feels like that's only their 3rd or 4th win on the road vs a playoff team in the last 8 or so years.

Just now, Brad gluckman said:

They beat the Saints, but I get what you're saying. To be honest, I'm surprised they were even in this. I expected the whole game to be like the second half. They definitely have a tendency to roll over against good teams.

And not to beat a dead horse, when the packers played the saints, they had just lost Michael Thomas and still figuring out how to offense. 

1 minute ago, Howler said:

They didn't show much urgency with 30 secs left in regulation.

I think they played that perfectly.  It was 3rd down, they had their endzone shot, then tied the game, all with no time for the Colts to respond.  So, it was win, or tie.  Go for it earlier, and we are kicking a FG with like 20 seconds instead of 7.

This was the last chance for the Packers to get a win in Indy in the prime of my life. They have not won a road game against the Colts since they were in Baltimore in 1974. The Pack were notably the first team to lose to the 1997 edition of the Colts (the year before Peyton Manning arrived there), the Packers were the defending champs that year. Next time they play a road game against the Colts, I will be pushing 40. And it needs to be played in the next to last week of the season in South Bend on the Notre Dame campus, the Packers should demand such. The Colts have not had to play a home game in cold weather since leaving Baltimore. It's about time to expose Colts fans to the elements.

Furthermore, we lose to Phillip Rivers a second year in a row (losing to the Chargers last year), after previously being 3-0 against him.

I believe that if we had made it to Super Bowl 46, we might already have a win in Indy under our belts, even though it would not have been against the Colts. As explained here, the insistence of most NFL owners that division winners start the playoffs at home kept us from going to Super Bowl 46.