Week 11 Post game: IT'S ALL BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE TYLER ERVIN I SWEAR

Norm

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

It was third down... because we clocked it.

What does that have to do with what we're discussing? At that point that decision had been made. I probably wouldn't have clocked it there with the time we had left, but it was done. The 3rd down decision to hold for 1 play to win it was what I would've done. Rodgers got 1-1 with probably the best jump ball player in the game, and threw an uncatchable ball. It was bad execution in a half that was filled entirely with bad execution.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

What does that have to do with what we're discussing? At that point that decision had been made. I probably wouldn't have clocked it there with the time we had left, but it was done. The 3rd down decision to hold for 1 play to win it was what I would've done. Rodgers got 1-1 with probably the best jump ball player in the game, and threw an uncatchable ball. It was bad execution in a half that was filled entirely with bad execution.

You quoted me saying I thought it was dumb to clock it...I've been discussing that this entire time

Now that I've settle down about this terrible loss, I actually feel a little more confident in the teams ability to compete with good teams. We dropped 31 on the number 1 defense and almost won despite 4 turnovers, you take away those turnovers, packers win this game.  I think the defense played well at times, proving this defense can be better. I think a new DC would turn this defense into a legit top 10 defense. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It was 3rd down, any play that doesn't give you a 1st means they need 1 point to win, not 4. 

If I'm down 2 in a basketball game with 20 seconds and I have an MVP on my team, I'm holding for the last shot and letting him decide the game.

Ok saying if you’re playing for the TD.

I see your point and don’t disagree but basketball is poor comparison because you can shoot in like .5 of a second or two and go down the length of the court without any time going by. 

32 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Now that I've settle down about this terrible loss, I actually feel a little more confident in the teams ability to compete with good teams. We dropped 31 on the number 1 defense and almost won despite 4 turnovers, you take away those turnovers, packers win this game.  I think the defense played well at times, proving this defense can be better. I think a new DC would turn this defense into a legit top 10 defense. 

the turnovers are starting to look like less of a fluke though. We went from 0 in the first 4 games to 9 in the last 6.  We're also generating more, but have still lost the to battle in 3 of the last 4 games.  Among all other things I hope they focus on cleaning this up.  When we win or tie the to battle we are 6 and 0.  

Edited by KFP7

This team better not **** the bed against the Bears.

No more bad bounces, passes clanging off WRs hands, inopportune fumbles/INTs (or worst case scenario....) inability to get the Bears offense off the field.

They'd better bring it. Time's past for this team to start hitting on all its cylinders. ENOUGH with these uneven and/or unexplainable efforts - ESPECIALLY against inferior teams.  Just say'in.

Edited by Leader

I’m probably putting way too much thought into this but how depressing is it to have had some of the terrible punters we’ve had over the last 20 years only to draft a guy who most considered a sure thing and expected to fix the problem for the next decade plus. Instead we have a slightly better BJ Sander situation on our hands right now. 

If he was hurt today (not that today was a stand-alone performance for him alone regardless) he shouldn’t have been playing. It’s been far too much of this stretching back beyond this season.