2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

The problem with the Niners reaching out as much as they do is this stuff gets leaked and the next day damn near all the sports radio shows spend a segment talking about it. 

Opposing teams definitely use the Niners to drive up the price for their players. It may have worked with Stafford though the Panthers offer was going to drive it up even if the Niners weren't one of the leaked teams interested in him. 

I never knew that McDaniel is half black until I read Maiocco's article today. Looks like we'll be getting another pair of 3rd rounders when he is inevitably hired to be a head coach somewhere. And then another pair of 3rds when Ryans is hired to be a head coach. (Assuming that both become head coaches, of course.)

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

This would be absolutely AWESOME! I rather like my Amazon Prime, thank you. Being able to watch Thursday Night Football on it would be very sweet.

Considering dropping Netflix, too. Hulu seems to be a very good alternative.

The games they've had on prime this year where nicely packaged. My only issue with this deal is that I hate Thursday Night football as a concept. I'd much prefer a saturday night game all year long than thursday nights. I often don't even realize it's happening, because thursday is not a thing for me. Thursday is one of those days between weekends, dammit!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Forget last down in SF, probably last down in the NFL. Damn, rough stuff for Weston since the NO game. Definitely feel for him.

Hopefully he gets healthy soon! 

So if we cut him now we save $4.5 mil. If he's designated as a June 1st cut, we save $8 mil. Do we have to wait until June 1st to get the $8mil or can the team get it now? I don't understand how that works.

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

So if we cut him now we save $4.5 mil. If he's designated as a June 1st cut, we save $8 mil. Do we have to wait until June 1st to get the $8mil or can the team get it now? I don't understand how that works.

Have to wait until june 1st for that 8 mil to kick in.

9 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

You can designate two players cut before June 1 as post June 1 cuts. So whether or not we cut him before June 1 will have to do with who else we plan on cutting. 

I believe the idea with this rule is to allow free agents to find new homes before the draft, rather than so late into the off-season, while allowing teams to maneuver the cap 

23 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Have to wait until june 1st for that 8 mil to kick in.

They may feel it is better to get immediate cap relief for free agency. Not many guys wait until post-June 1 to sign with teams.

Will be interesting to see what they do. Obviously post-June 1 release helps with Warner's deal.