2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Instead of paying Agholor, I’d rather throw #1 money at Allen Robinson. I’m usually against paying WR’s top dollar like Amari Cooper, fringe #1’s who run hot and cold. However, Robinson is a legit #1 WR. Carr’s type of WR too. Mega 3rd down converter and red zone weapon. 

Allen Robinson, Henry Ruggs III, Hunter Renfrow, and Darren Waller is a pretty good weapon core. 

I'm so hot and cold on this idea.

One part completely agrees. With an A-Rob addition we have the makings of a top 10 weapons corp. Agholor looked great but it was a career year in a contract season. If he is asking for too much I am completely fine letting him walk and looking to make a play on A-Rob for a few M more per year. The other part thinks it's insane to invest more money on O when we have invested so much already, yet continue to abandon our D needs. We could use that $12, $14, whatever million to get a difference making on the D-line or secondary. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm so hot and cold on this idea.

One part completely agrees. With an A-Rob addition we have the makings of a top 10 weapons corp. Agholor looked great but it was a career year in a contract season. If he is asking for too much I am completely fine letting him walk and looking to make a play on A-Rob for a few M more per year. The other part thinks it's insane to invest more money on O when we have invested so much already, yet continue to abandon our D needs. We could use that $12, $14, whatever million to get a difference making on the D-line or secondary. 

I read somewhere he wants a 4 year $80,000,000 contract

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Its better for the Raiders if the cap stays the same. Some is really good players are going to be cut this off season.

Yes I absolutely agree.  Once we cut the fat we should have enough money to be smart buyers so the more talent on the market the better: Better selection of talent and more talent means prices drop- basic supply and demand

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I mean we already have Waller and Agholor may get more attention next year. I love Robinson, but I'd rather go big after Maye/Ngakoue/Williams.

Focus needs to be on defense but the WR position does need another weapon.  For the right money I sign agholor but there is a limit and that limit depends on how we feel about Ruggs.  I am still upset we did not use the last two weeks to see what we have.  If we would have drafted Lamb/Jefferson or Williams stayed healthy we would not be in this position.  I have wanted Robinson for a couple off-seasons now and would not be that upset if we signed him but then we need to cut or restructure a few O-linemen, get rid of Williams, Mariota, and Richard.  Couple cuts on defense and we will have the draft and some cash to rebuild the defense.  I like going after Dupree more than other edge players and I will take any 3T that can be average with above average pass rushing.  

36 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If we’re serious about adding any real talent to this defense, we can’t be chucking $14m at Robinson.

I’d love to sign him, but doing so severely hampers our ability to build up the DL, which a Gus Bradley defense requires.

I think the offense will be even better next year with the talent we have under contract now. So the Raiders need to go DT,OLB( but he needs to be able to rush, Kind of like the guy from Tulane) and FS.