2020 Divisional - 6) LA Rams @ 1) GB Packers

notthatbluestuff

2020 Divisional - LA Rams @ GB Packers  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Los Angeles Rams
    • Green Bay Packers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/16/2021 at 09:35 PM

This weather narrative has gotten way overblown. So much so that the first thing people will say is Goff hasnt thrown a td pass and now is trying out gloves because of the weather. They fail to mention that Goff is 1-1 in the weather he will be playing in. If you count the Titans weather which was still cold Goff is 2-1 and in that game he had 300yds and 4tds and a 4th quarter comeback. Then if you add the Seahawks cold weather game just last week Goff is 3-1. But mainly people look at that Bears game and strictly judge Goff. He was horrible yes. The entire offense was horrible. McVay didnt do Goff any favors by running the ball 13 times. That Broncos game the Rams ran the ball 39 times and rushed for over 250yds. Thats how they won. They knew the Broncos couldnt stop the ran and they literally ran straight through them. The Rams know this Packers team cant stop the run. McVay should look no further than what the Niners did to the Packers in the playoffs last season. I couldve played QB for the Niners that game and the Niners still wouldve won because their defense was all over the Packers offense and Mostert ran through the Packers defense.

We are going to see the first quarter how this game is going to go. If the Rams defense comes out and make a few stops and then on offense if Akers looks good early Im saying the Rams are going to win. If ARod looks like he is moving the ball up and down the field and then Akers cant get anything going on the ground then the Packers are going to win. 

Ill point this out too because I heard this on PFF. They said when teams have disguised their safeties in a particular rotating way in coverage ARod drops to 15th in his over QB play. So basically if ARod knows what is coming he will pick you apart. If he has to sit back a few seconds to look to see how the coverage is after the ball is snapped he is basically an average QB. The one thing the Rams do well is confuse QBs in their pass coverage. So its going to be interesting to see this game and we are less than 24hrs away. I cant wait. 

6 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

So basically if ARod knows what is coming he will pick you apart.

I hate to burst your bubble, but that's not exclusive to Rodgers.  Any QB that's worth their salt will beat coverage when they know what they're dealing with...

9 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

This weather narrative has gotten way overblown. So much so that the first thing people will say is Goff hasnt thrown a td pass and now is trying out gloves because of the weather. They fail to mention that Goff is 1-1 in the weather he will be playing in. If you count the Titans weather which was still cold Goff is 2-1 and in that game he had 300yds and 4tds and a 4th quarter comeback. Then if you add the Seahawks cold weather game just last week Goff is 3-1. But mainly people look at that Bears game and strictly judge Goff. He was horrible yes. The entire offense was horrible. McVay didnt do Goff any favors by running the ball 13 times. That Broncos game the Rams ran the ball 39 times and rushed for over 250yds. Thats how they won. They knew the Broncos couldnt stop the ran and they literally ran straight through them. The Rams know this Packers team cant stop the run. McVay should look no further than what the Niners did to the Packers in the playoffs last season. I couldve played QB for the Niners that game and the Niners still wouldve won because their defense was all over the Packers offense and Mostert ran through the Packers defense.

We are going to see the first quarter how this game is going to go. If the Rams defense comes out and make a few stops and then on offense if Akers looks good early Im saying the Rams are going to win. If ARod looks like he is moving the ball up and down the field and then Akers cant get anything going on the ground then the Packers are going to win. 

Ill point this out too because I heard this on PFF. They said when teams have disguised their safeties in a particular rotating way in coverage ARod drops to 15th in his over QB play. So basically if ARod knows what is coming he will pick you apart. If he has to sit back a few seconds to look to see how the coverage is after the ball is snapped he is basically an average QB. The one thing the Rams do well is confuse QBs in their pass coverage. So its going to be interesting to see this game and we are less than 24hrs away. I cant wait. 

ya well like.... all the Packers need to do is be the 2019 Chiefs man

But whilst we're on the topic still, I've found Goff's cold weather stats. Take it FWIW, could be nothing, could be something;

Below 40F

with McVay: 3-1, 20 for 48 on third down, 50% comp, 6.3 YPA, 5 Ints, 5 TDs

without; 0-2

So he's not been good in cold, but LA can clearly still win in cold. Which proves the weather point I made above - it's a factor, not a decider.