Doug Pederson Fired

DeSean Jackson

4 hours ago, Wentz you dog you said:

All I will tell you is look at how in-depth his play action passing attack is. They are probably the most dialed-in team when it comes to playing off the play action which is what I am personally big on in this day & age. Mayfield looks like Brett Favre under Stefanski. Smith runs a very high percentage offense & I think it would slow things down for Wentz/Hurts big time if they could actually play in a legit play action/bootleg scheme & actually have easy throws.

He’s made Tannehill look like a player, so he definitely deserves some credit. But he has a very advantageous team/situation to run play action with. Most teams that play the Titans are going to focus on the run. The Ravens did that and made some slight coverage adjustments in the first half and the Titans had no answer whatsoever. It’s one game, but it’s his biggest game to date and the play calling in general left a lot to be desired.

44 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I want to remind everyone here that I was called a hater when I said Pederson was not a top 5 coach. Last offseason I believe? Maybe the year before.

Im 2/2 when it comes to Eagles. Other being Wentz not being "elite". 

He won a Super Bowl Matts... Not exactly someone you can criticize as not being a good hire for Philly

1 minute ago, Wentz you dog you said:

He won a Super Bowl Matts... Not exactly someone you can criticize as not being a good hire for Philly

Arguably he wasn't, but Reich was. 

I can't say he was a bad hire because it worked out for us, but again... based on everything we've seen. The planets aligned. Seriously though, that one year, with the RPO Doug was ahead of the NFL "Meta" and once they figured it out Doug was all "wat do?"

I was 60-70% sure the Sudfeld game was the last straw that accelerated this “new meeting”. It may have still happened but far less probability.

Lurie wants the respect that a Kraft, Mara, Rooney’s have around the league. He couldn’t stand for what happened.

He was never going to admit it in the presser. You think anyone cared that “he backed up Foles...” To be a highly regarded owner of an organization, you can’t have that nonsense.

There is no doubt they’d have given Doug another throwaway year so long as he resolved the QB situation. 8-8 would have been fine all things considered if Hurts proves to be the answer. It’s a shame because Pederson just had a mental lapse and gave himself no chance to redeem himself when he could have been in Philli another 3-4 years.

Edited by WheatieMan

3 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Is that what I said? Nope

What I said he wasnt top 5. Not that he was a bad hire. Those are 2 very different things. 

Edited by Matts4313

7 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

I was 60-70% sure the Sudfeld game was the last straw that accelerated this “new meeting”. It may have still happened but far less probability.

Lurie wants the respect that a Kraft, Mara, Rooney’s have around the league. He couldn’t stand for what happened.

He was never going to admit it in the presser. You think anyone cared that “he backed up Foles...” To be a highly regarded owner of an organization, you can’t have that nonsense.

There is no doubt they’d have given Doug another throwaway year so long as he resolved the QB situation. 8-8 would have been fine all things considered if Hurts proves to be the answer. It’s a shame because Pederson just had a mental lapse and gave himself no chance to redeem himself when he could have been in Philli another 3-4 years.

Tanking the Washington game wasn't why Doug was fired. Him pissing off the players and losing the locker room the WAY he did it didn't help, but the biggest thing was Doug's ineptitude at hiring his subordinates time and time again was the biggest reason.

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

Tanking the Washington game wasn't why Doug was fired. Him pissing off the players and losing the locker room the WAY he did it didn't help, but the biggest thing was Doug's ineptitude at hiring his subordinates time and time again was the biggest reason.

He did lose the locker room after that. You want to build momentum for next year and you crap on your young star for some bum? The players had to retract to make him look good when reports started to circle about Doug. They would have gladly traded Wentz and thrown away next year had he committed and blown out the WFT that night. Why didn’t he go for that? For a pick that wouldn’t even be top 5? Even as a fan I wouldn’t want that for my team. Maybe Doug knew he was going to step down and gave them a reason to fire him. It embarrassed the organization nationally, just like the LeSean thing with Chip. 

But I don’t know why Lurie hasn’t demoted Howie. I know it’s more of a committee type of thing but I was shocked how steadfast Lurie was. My guess is Howie had nothing to do with the tank. It was Pederson being ignorant and dumb, and it cost him. 

In any event, we have another Jerry in the making. Lurie needs to find someone to run the shop. Lucky for them, the division is soooo bad. But Dallas or NYG probably clear favorites next year with a decent off season of any kind. Can never trust Jerry or Gettlemen though.

Edited by WheatieMan

15 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

In any event, we have another Jerry in the making. Lurie needs to find someone to run the shop. Lucky for them, the division is soooo bad. But Dallas or NYG probably clear favorites next year with a decent off season of any kind. Can never trust Jerry or Gettlemen though.

I really don't agree. Doug was making moronic decisions and Lurie tried to give him a chance but Doug kept repeating the same mistakes.