Future QB Discussion

G08

42 minutes ago, G08 said:

https://youtu.be/qcfKIbtot_w?t=91

This is one....not so much. 

Wentz thinks he has a 2 deep look against a 2x2.  Defense disguises a 2-deep look pre-snap w/ man-coverage across the board.  #27 is covering the slot but he blitzes and the safety who was the deepest pre-snap moves up to take his man making it a cover-1, and Wentz never even seen it coming. #27 comes in clean, Wentz panics and just throws the ball up for grabs on a whim. 

EDIT Here's the play: https://[LINK ERROR]/8rj24g

We already had 2 QBs on this roster who can't read defenses and panics in the pocket.  I don't want another.  What makes anyone think that Nagy is capable of "fixing" Wentz? I don't wanna hear about he was an MVP candidate with FLip.  Correction. He was a MVP with Flip when he had good play-calling, stacked OL, good weapons, and a good defense.  Remember... this was the SAME staff and team that Nick freaking Foles won the SB with against the Belichick/Brady Patriots! 

That said.  If the trade is for this years first and a 3rd or 4th next year....fine....whatever.  It's still makes me sick to give anything more than a 4th for Wentz but whatever... I would just be at the point that I can't wait for the 2022 offseason to begin. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

22 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

When Nagy was declared safe I hit that spot.

I'll still root for the Bears but my expectations have dropped significantly.

New regime + draft picks + ton of salary = new QB and new beginning.

There'll be more fans back in the seats next year too now that the league is better equipped to handle COVID. 
Sign a GM and let him choose his HC.  Let the HC choose his staff and they can all get together to choose the QB they want to build a SB team around for the next 4 years. 

THAT'S how it's done in modern times. Enough of this BS where the Bears are the last team to get on board with something . 

They have plenty of cap and could trade Mack (who will be 32) to create even more space and capital. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

15 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Also worth pointing out that Colts have a very comparable and arguably favorable existing roster to Bears AND a bucketload of cap space to shore it up and fill it.

I don't think anyone would argue the Bears have a superior roster.

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Much of what I’ve seen is people saying Darnold is the less risky move, and I think it’s entirely the opposite. The difference between trading for Darnold and for Wentz to me is that with Wentz you’re banking on him being again something we’ve already seen from him at the NFL level in this scheme under the tutelage of some of the same people, while with Darnold you’re banking on him being something everyone thought he would be coming out of college that he hasn’t yet been at this level. We know that what we need is in Wentz and it’s just a question of whether we can bring it back out. Darnold’s shortcomings may be Gase but he might also just not have it at this level. 

Well...it depends on how you look at it. Darnold would probably be cheaper. Either guy is a gamble. With Wentz you'd be having to go all in, though. 

What we've seen since 2018 makes me think that Frank Reich had more to do with the Eagles' success than Flip.

And while Wentz can make some spectacular plays and is good at putting up numbers playing hero-ball, he's not consistent or accurate enough to lift a failing offense. IIRC the Eagles had 1 top 10 offensive season with him playing QB.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If true, this is laughable:

• Benched in the middle of week 13
  • Enormous contract
  • Started 16 games twice in 5 years
  • Reportedly unhappy with the Eagles franchise

Good luck with that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, G08 said:

• Enormous contract

Good luck with that.

Exactly. All the teams know he wants out. They don't have this much leverage. 

58 minutes ago, G08 said:

• Enormous contract

Good luck with that.

And yet many Bears fans are willing to pay what they were asking.  Because they want a QB.

Then when they get him it will be all torches and pitch forks.