Sources say Rodgers wants new contract

Siman08/OH

1 hour ago, Redt said:

And now for something completely different, what if Aaron is looking at his hometown favorite 49ers and thinks probably correctly that he could win a title next year with the Niner's. It seems pretty obvious that he desires a second title, if not more to cement his legacy, what better place than his local? After watching Brady this year, is there any reason to think he couldn't pull it off with the Niner's.  There defense is definitely better as are their offensive weapons. Aaron has made enough money and his ego wants championships, so maybe he says F-it and forces a deal.

What if the “Brady Effect” has Gute and MLF thinking beyond 1 or 2 years for Rodgers at GB?  Many assume the Love pick means Rodgers is near the end of his tenure with GB.  Yet, when you listen to Gute and MLF, they both have stated adamantly they see Rodgers as their leader for “a long time!”

Are we to discount their unison comments as just talk, or are we to take their comments at face value?  Brady is 43 and still performing at a high enough level that his experience - especially post season - makes up for any slip in physical performance.  Rodgers, outside of his clavicle, is physically strong and healthy also.  It’s not a stretch to say he can play at an elite level for 3-5 more years.  He’s an MVP at 37, and I think Gute and MLF think Godgers is still their best chance for several more years.

8 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

This article doesn’t make a lot of sense. If he so desperately wants an all in year, demanding a new contract in which he’ll force the team to pay top dollar for “revenge” is a really stupid way to get what you wish for. 

I can't imagine Aaron wants his "friends" airing out his dirty laundry anyway.  And if he really is super pissed, Aaron should be more pissed off at those back to back 3 and outs following Jaire's picks than any revenge plans.  I don't believe Lang tho.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

His taste in women is slipping. I mean she might be a nice person and they get on great but Munn was definitely hotter and really nothing else counts...

Nothing else really counts until you've got to hang with them for more than a few hours at a time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Nothing else really counts until you've got to hang with them for more than a few hours at a time.

That's the trick though, you try not to. The longer you hang the more they hate you the more you hate them. Familiarity breeds contempt. Shag, watch a movie, little chat, move on and hang out with your buds, the recipe for any lasting relationship. 

Couple thoughts on this topic:

1. Has absolutely nothing to do with football. Doesn't matter. Please don't bring it up after this.

2. Can't teach height, massive upgrade over midget Danica.

3. If one wanted to see more of Ms. Woodley, there is a scene from the movie "White Bird in a Blizzard" that you can google if you're curious. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Glad I'm not you! :)

Separation makes the heart grow fonder and too much a of a good thing is bad.

Just look up how the divorce rates have spiked over this pandemic. One key factor is that you are 'lockdown' with your partner. That is a recipe for disaster and abuse. 

29 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Separation makes the heart grow fonder and too much a of a good thing is bad.

Just look up how the divorce rates have spiked over this pandemic. One key factor is that you are 'lockdown' with your partner. That is a recipe for disaster and abuse. 

Good gosh, this isn't Ann Landers ... football please!

10 hours ago, thrILL! said:

TJ was on the Pat Mcafee Show, said he picked the wrong crowd to use the "hellbent on revenge" term with. Meant it more in a joking way.

I agree with his overarching point that it feels like we're never all in, but this year it did to me. You could point out the WR position, but hell MVS and Lazard played fantastic football in the postseason so that group had nothing to do with our exit. Otherwise that team was the best team in the NFC. We probably beat the Bucs 7 or 8 times out of 10, but that game was the 2-3 times they get us. Have to bring the A game in the playoffs.

• Like 2