Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

22 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

There are two parts of the Carr story that most are missing:

1. Teams are approaching the Raiders, not the other way around.

2. The Raiders have built a lot of equity with Carr because a) he had very good seasons in 2020 and 2019, b) he has a very manageable contract, and c) there are a lot of playoff caliber rosters without playoff caliber quarterbacks.

In my opinion, Carr is a better option for most teams than Stafford was. The issue is that the Raiders reportedly haven't been actively looking to trade him so his price will be high--maybe higher than Stafford.

Would Carr fit well with Shanahan in SF? That or the Dolphins are the only places I can see him being traded too 

21 minutes ago, Chargers said:

Would Carr fit well with Shanahan in SF? That or the Dolphins are the only places I can see him being traded too 

I don't think Carr fits that well in Shanahan's system--he isn't laterally mobile. I doubt the 49ers see him as a enough of an upgrade over a healthy Jimmy G in order to make the move. 

I don't think the Dolphins would go for Carr, or any non-elite QB, over Tua. I think they're happy with Tua.

Carr presents the most value to the Colts, Bears, and WFT. Teams who need a starting QB but are out of range to draft one. I expect those are the teams calling the Raiders about Carr.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't think Carr fits that well in Shanahan's system--he isn't laterally mobile. I doubt the 49ers see him as a enough of an upgrade over a healthy Jimmy G in order to make the move. 

I don't think the Dolphins would go for Carr, or any non-elite QB, over Tua. I think they're happy with Tua.

Carr presents the most value to the Colts, Bears, and WFT. Teams who need a starting QB but are out of range to draft one. I expect those are the teams calling the Raiders about Carr.

probably not the bears with that weather. wentz would work better there as a reclamation project. colts make a lot of sense

panthers would work too but i'd imagine they'd rather just take a QB at 8

Edited by Turnobili

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

HOU can say  they will play hardball.   But Watson isn’t just having a tantrum.     Those are actions from someone closing the door.  

I remember another organization playing hardball and it worked out for Denver who paid 60 cents on the dollar lolm

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I remember another organization playing hardball and it worked out for Denver who paid 60 cents on the dollar lolm

Well no one is getting that discount - unless the FO is stubborn enough to hold Watson through the draft.    The highest number of bidders will be before Rd1 takes place.   Waiting past that only decreases the buyer pool (but even then it’s not going to be a massive discount, just more HOU best chance to extract Max value happens before Rd1 starts).   

Most FO would understand that.   Easterby & co.......

Edited by Broncofan

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Well no one is getting that discount - unless the FO is stubborn enough to hold Watson through the draft.    The highest number of bidders will be before Rd1 takes place.   Waiting past that only decreases the buyer pool.   

Most FO would understand that.   Easterby & co.......

Nothing that happens in Houston surprises me anymore

• Like 1

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Considering the Texans organizational philosophy they’re making their decisions off of, I’m sure the organization has faith that he will return to their team... we’ll see how that works out for them in the end.

When your intake exceeds your output, your upkeep will be your downfall.

- Jack Easterby

(No, seriously - he said that **** before).

That sounds like some typical corpo-speak sprinkled in with motivational garbage, but it's explaining the crapstorm the team has rained on itself by keeping Easterby at all costs.

- The intake is keeping this devil on staff. Goodness knows what he does that is positive for this forsaken franchise, but he's here.

- The output is the current situation, which will spread across this entire roster (Watson, Watt... Tunsil, Reid, Cunningham next) leaving the roster barren with overpaid "team guys" such as David Johnson, Whitney Mercilius, Randall Cobb, Eric Murray... guys who don't match their salary with their on field performance. But hey, they're nice guys, so there's that.

- The upkeep is trying to win with a roster outlined above. This was a very tough roster to win with when Deshaun Watson was playing at his best. It was correctable, but that correction was contingent on surrounding Watson with assets on both sides of the ball. Without Watson, that plan goes straight out the window.

- The downfall... Well, I'm standing on the table on my 0-16 season next year. Bad roster, bad coaching, bad FO decisions equals no wins, IMO.

Jack Easterby just described the state of the 2021 Texans season. It's going to be a disaster, and it's a rolling situation until that bastard is gone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

The downfall... Well, I'm standing on the table on my 0-16 season next year. Bad roster, bad coaching, bad FO decisions equals no wins, IMO.

Jack Easterby just described the state of the 2021 Texans season. It's going to be a disaster, and it's a rolling situation until that bastard is gone.

They spoke with Mac Jones at the senior bowl they know it's over with Watson. They have to do some damage control. At some point their actions can make players pull an Eli Manning from going to that organization.

21 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

What good is it for the Raiders to bail on Carr now though? They are not in a position to land Trevor Lawrence. They may get more ammo to go after Watson but even then that is not a for sure conclusion, as texans are saying NO to trade talks. So if you dump Carr who is going to step in and offer him the same playing ability as Carr gave them, Mariota did not look like he was the answer. You have to stick with Carr if you are Gruden, would be different if you held a top 3 pick and were in a position to land a rookie qb. Is carr even the issue? That defense seemed to break every time they faced a decent team.

If for some reason they do move him Colts to me would be the best destination as he is in a dome and he is behind an oline that can protect him for days. Add some more weapons with the already capable running game, that would put the Colts on top in that division next year. 

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

What good is it for the Raiders to bail on Carr now though? They are not in a position to land Trevor Lawrence. They may get more ammo to go after Watson but even then that is not a for sure conclusion, as texans are saying NO to trade talks. So if you dump Carr who is going to step in and offer him the same playing ability as Carr gave them, Mariota did not look like he was the answer. You have to stick with Carr if you are Gruden, would be different if you held a top 3 pick and were in a position to land a rookie qb. Is carr even the issue? That defense seemed to break every time they faced a decent team.

If for some reason they do move him Colts to me would be the best destination as he is in a dome and he is behind an oline that can protect him for days. Add some more weapons with the already capable running game, that would put the Colts on top in that division next year. 

Gruden has the security of a 10-year deal with 6 years left.  If he doesn’t think Carr is getting him to the final 4 there won’t be a better time to sell.   

I agree Indy is a solid fit for Carr.  His strengths fit that O best.