Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

On 3/11/2021 at 11:09 PM, ET80 said:

Normally, I'd agree with you - but lately, I feel like McClain has lost that inside source to the Texans. He's been behind the likes of the national pundits in breaking Texans news.

Now - I know McClain was very vocal on the termination of Any Palcic, going on the record to say he hated the decision, and went so far as to openly speculate WHY Palcic was fired (comments on the past election).

I can't see Easterby giving someone like that any sort of access.

Notice how he hasn't broken a single signing?

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 3:14 AM, ET80 said:

Still - Tua would be pretty much worthless on that Miami roster, and his trade value would be less than zero if this trade went down; You don't give up that much for Watson and keep Tua on the bench.

I think you either have to trade Tua before you make the deal with the Texans or you include Tua and let Houston make that decision (I'm higher on Tua, any deal including him would probably hold my interest briefly).

Can deal Tua away after, no? Obviously by that point you're a motivated seller so that brings his price down somewhat, but still can recoup some of that package back I would think.

1 minute ago, Fray32 said:

Can deal Tua away after, no? Obviously by that point you're a motivated seller so that brings his price down somewhat, but still can recoup some of that package back I would think.

Once you have 2 assets and 1 spot it craters the return, unless the guy is seen as elite.   Tua should get more patience given where he was at in his rehab from the hip injury (not even close to 100 percent athleticism nor would he be expected to be timing wise). But his struggles definitely dropped his stock to other teams.   Can’t leverage that into less value by dealing for Watson without expecting a massive drop in value.  

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Once you have 2 assets and 1 spot it craters the return, unless the guy is seen as elite.   Tua should get more patience given where he was at in his rehab from the hip injury (not even close to 100 percent athleticism nor would he be expected to be timing wise). But his struggles definitely dropped his stock to other teams.   Can’t leverage that into less value by dealing for Watson without expecting a massive drop in value.  

Eagles managed to unload Nick Foles ! But I'm curious to see Tua develop too, and think Miami should absolutely be inquiring down this avenue (even if they ultimately decide not to do anything)

Edit: and the Cards managed to deal Rosen too. Not impossible is all I'm saying. If crater'd value is a 2nd (and maybe more) that's not that bad at all.

Edited by Fray32

6 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

Eagles managed to unload Nick Foles ! But I'm curious to see Tua develop too, and think Miami should absolutely be inquiring down this avenue (even if they ultimately decide not to do anything)

Unloading Nick Foles for a late 4th is a far cry from getting a return on Tua that Mia is likely looking for.   Teams are far more willing to deal day 3 picks given the hit rate and perceived throwaway value (even if it’s a bad move).  

Edited by Broncofan

28 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Point taken

I think- given how things have played out recently - Jamey Rootes was his inside source. Both Rootes and McClain were "day one" guys for the Texans, both are highly respected and connected, and knew how to leverage each other to get their respective agendas knocked out.

The last story that Pancakes broke was Caserio - which sort of aligns with when Rootes first tendered his resignation. It makes sense that Rootes would really have nothing to share now, too. It also makes it understandable why McClain has been so hostile and/or detached at times. His guy was bounced, so he's going to take a few snarky jabs.

Pancakes is unhinged, he's using his platform to make subtle jabs. 

57 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

Get two motivated buyers competing against each other and the seller's level of motivation isn't really all that big of a concern any more.  Even if they bring Watson on board, if there are two teams who are still left without a QB when the game of musical chairs stops playing, the Dolphins should do OK.

• Like 1