Eagles listening to Wentz trade offer

Xenos

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Oh I agree they aren't I just thought $20 million in cap equals a second round pick.

How much did the Rams save in the Goff trade that's kind of comparable

It’s not.  Detroit isn’t interested in competing right away.  So taking on a 4/106M deal for Goff isn’t appealing without more value back in other ways.    Stafford wanted to go there so LAR & DET got creative to let the Rams fit Stafford in their cap plans.  

A team looking to acquire Wentz is looking to compete soon.      If it’s Indy it’s right away (with Reich’s belief he can fix him).     If you tried to sell Wentz a team in full rebuild they might want to be given picks to take that risk on.   But a team taking Wentz now sees him as guy to help soon, if not right away.   The risk he can’t regain his form is why the price won’t be near his 2018 or even 2019 value.   But it’s not a Detroit situation.  Pure rebuilders won’t even make a call.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It’s not.  Detroit isn’t interested in competing right away.  So taking on a 4/106M deal for Goff isn’t appealing without more value back in other ways.    Stafford wanted to go there so LAR & DET got creative to let the Rams fit Stafford in their cap plans.  

A team looking to acquire Wentz is looking to compete soon.      If it’s Indy it’s right away (with Reich’s belief he can fix him).     If you tried to sell Wentz a team in full rebuild they might want to be given picks to take that risk on.   But a team taking Wentz now sees him as guy to help soon, if not right away.   The risk he can’t regain his form is why the price won’t be near his 2018 or even 2019 value.   But it’s not a Detroit situation.  Pure rebuilders won’t even make a call.  

I'm just looking at it from the Eagles standpoint the value of 25 million saved goes up if it were to be towards 2021 because of the cap being lowered but it would go towards 2022 cap so not as impactful. 

Also I think covid really impacts trade value the team doesn't have as much exposure to the media. So I expect a lot of fluff to come out by the eagles pr but I don't think it will hold weight.

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Denver, New England, or Indianapolis make the most sense, imo. 

I was listening to CBS Sports radio last night. The host said that Indy should be the team that he goes to. One guy mentioned the Jets, but they won't trade for Wentz. They will trade for Watson if anyone. Also, the host and a caller or two did mention the Pats, and how Wentz could be a Belichick reclamation project.

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think it's the niners, just wanted to post this as another guy who's claiming a trade is close. 

I can't imagine it's the Niners. One of the main problems we have, is that Jimmy is always hurt. So why we they grab another injury prone guy. Could it be Panthers, Bears, Colts, or Broncos?

Edited by mrscottso
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

I can't imagine it's the Niners. One of the main problems we have, is that Jimmy is always hurt. So why we they grab another injury prone guy. Could it be Panthers, Bears, Colts, or Broncos?

No, I don't think so either. We'd have to be really bullish on Carson compared to Jimmy, and I don't know how you feel that way after last year, especially given that you don't save any money with such a move. 

• Like 1

I want to thank all the teams trying to deal / acquire QB’s for keeping the 2 week gap between CG weekend and the SB bearable.  

By now we’re usually breaking down how TAM going to new jersey designs this year gives them the key edge. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1