2021 Super Early Predictions

SteelKing728

50 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

People love to discount the Browns, sorry people, we are here and aren't going anywhere. If Andrew Berry addresses the defense this offseason like he did the offense (which I have full confidence), the Browns are going to be a force teams will hate to have to play. Give us a significant pass rusher opposite of Garrett (Ngakoue, L.Williams, Hendrickson, Dupree), a linebacker, and a #2 corner and upgrade the depth. Plus we are still one for the youngest teams in the league.

Lets remember, we were a 3 and 14 conversion by Chad Henne (Which still stings to say) away from being in the AFC Championship

All the doubters will just make our heel turn that much sweeter...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

The 9ers need to figure out their QB situation first.

Why? Garoppolo was good enough to take them to the Super Bowl a year ago. All this "you need an elite QB to win" stuff is overblown and always has been. With Shanahan calling plays and a healthy roster, this team will always be good enough to compete. 

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

The 9ers need to figure out their QB situation first.

Jimmy will likely be the QB. I'm sure they would love to get Watson or Rodgers, but that is highly unlikely. They won't be seriously entertaining other QBs like Stafford or Wentz or even Darnold. 

Bigger question is how they address the OL if Trent doesn't re-sign and how they address the CB position in the offseason. The top 4 corners are all free agents. 

If you were to tell me they will rank in the middle part in terms of injury luck, I would be very confident they will be right up with the top teams in the conference. But you just cannot do that and they have ranked in the bottom five in terms of injuries for damn near 5+ years now. 

So it can go either way with the Niners next season, with or without Jimmy. 

4 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

But can he reach the Super Bowl? We already know that he can, and that's all I was predicting. Even if they trade him, it's not like they'll trade him for a worse QB. 

with a top 2 defense and Kittle on a rookie deal, yes. Now that GB and TB have emerged and the 49ers had to pay and let go of some key pieces, they will need a better QB most likely.

On 2/8/2021 at 4:52 PM, Zalixar said:

WFT got a worse draft pick because of their win.  A loss probably helped them a bit.  Although just being in the playoffs could increase motivation as well as invaluable experience.  But I think they would have been better with a better draft spot.  They fell a lot with their win.

It certainly was a culture win to make it.

But it’s undeniable that picking at #10 (I think) could’ve been huge for their franchise. Actually feasible to get a QB, if they got one some other way and had that pick they could get like Waddle there or one of the LTs. Had they been able to sign one of these FA wideouts and gotten a QB they’d be a pretty damn good team.

We're all just screaming into the void anyways so it's not like there's anything wrong with having some fun with predictions but I feel like I gotta wait at least until we see what FA looks like before making any sort of educated guess about next season. Right now is the point in the offseason where every fan gets to daydream about winning the Super Bowl because their team will obviously fix all of their weaknesses while all of their strengths will also just get better because reasons. 

• Like 4

On 2/11/2021 at 4:13 PM, SalvadorsDeli said:

We're all just screaming into the void anyways so it's not like there's anything wrong with having some fun with predictions but I feel like I gotta wait at least until we see what FA looks like before making any sort of educated guess about next season. Right now is the point in the offseason where every fan gets to daydream about winning the Super Bowl because their team will obviously fix all of their weaknesses while all of their strengths will also just get better because reasons. 

Don't forget that every other team in the league will either remain exactly the same or inexplicably get worse.