Texans release JJ Watt

.Buzz

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Just a reminder, the Jaguars got picks for Blaine Gabbert and Nick Foles.

While that is funny, it was actually a much classier move by the Texans to release him and let him control his own destiny.

Its easy to hate on the Texans right now due to all of the stupid moves and decisions they have made, but they did right by JJ by just releasing him. as opposed to perhaps trading him to a team he didnt want to go to.      JJ gave that team many special years, and its nice they did this for him.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

Obviously its a players choice but hes already made his, Why not take a paycut and play for a franchise that clearly wants to win it all and has a legit SB window.

I can see Watt taking a pay cut. I get the feeling he’s in that phase where he just wants a ring. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

If I had to guess, Wisconsin (Back home), Pittsburgh (With the bros), or Chicago (With the wife) make the most sense. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him to pair with Grady Jarrett and Dante Fowler here in Atlanta.

While I love JJ, we dont have the cap space or the need. 

3 minutes ago, 43M said:

While that is funny, it was actually a much classier move by the Texans to release him and let him control his own destiny.

Its easy to hate on the Texans right now due to all of the stupid moves and decisions they have made, but they did right by JJ by just releasing him. as opposed to perhaps trading him to a team he didnt want to go to.      JJ gave that team many special years, and its nice they did this for him.

Still doesn't make it any less funny.

But I agree.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

ET, are you ok buddy?

Lesser men would've jumped ship at this point.

Oh, I have. I'm out on the Texans as long as Jack Easterby is here.

This decision doesn't have the same weight - I'm still processing my thoughts, so can't say them exactly as I want - but this wouldn't be why I jumped ship.

I actually applaud the McNair's for this direction - in this instance only.