Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

7 day average for new cases is under 40k. Lowest it's been since September. If we get below 35k/day, we'd have to go all the way back to last June, and back then with testing we were probably undercounting so who knows.

7 day average on deaths is the lowest its been since last July. Beyond that, we're looking at the initial spike from March.

Progress.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

#Pfizerbros were all laid low by dose 2 it seems

#TeamPfizer here

I was relatively untouched by both doses, minus some pain in my arm and a pretty lousy headache with some fatigue. Then again, I was positive back in October, so I'm not sure whether or not that would have helped me out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

Got the J&J jab on Saturday with virtually zero side effects.

Yeah that one won’t have many short term side effects. What causes most of the short term 1-3 day side effects in Pfizer and Moderna is PEG. And Moderna uses 3x more the amount of PEG (which they admit is unnecessary and will eventually tone down), so that’s why you see 80% of Moderna users complain of some bad side effects, especially after the second shot. 

3 hours ago, swoosh said:

Pfizer 2.0 did me dirty last night. I feel like crap.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

#Pfizerbros were all laid low by dose 2 it seems

Can confirm.. I'm a week+ out from my 2nd dose, but it seems like around 12 hours after the shot the effects kick in.

By 24 hours, you will feel better, but just tired from the previous 12 hours

I feel good today (48 hrs). Last night it was just a bad headache left, but that was probably because I didn't sleep the previous night. I should've taken something like Aleve but opted to power through.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I feel good today (48 hrs). Last night it was just a bad headache left, but that was probably because I didn't sleep the previous night. I should've taken something like Aleve but opted to power through.

Tylenol is better for you lol.

Edit: all kidding aside, glad you feel better.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

Newsom intends to end mask mandates on June 15th. His answer was a bit vague, though. It sounds like the state will give recommendations for the most part, but will mandate masks in really packed and dense situations like concerts, though he also mentioned situations where people around the world come and densely pack. Here's his quote:

"No. Only in those settings that are indoor -- only in those massively large settings where people around the world, not just around the country, are convening, and when people are mixing in real dense spaces," Newsom replied. "Otherwise, we'll make guidance recommendations, but no mandates and no restrictions on businesses large and small."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/12/us/california-mask-mandate/index.html

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Newsom intends to end mask mandates on June 15th. His answer was a bit vague, though. It sounds like the state will give recommendations for the most part, but will mandate masks in really packed and dense situations like concerts, though he also mentioned situations where people around the world come and densely pack. Here's his quote:

"No. Only in those settings that are indoor -- only in those massively large settings where people around the world, not just around the country, are convening, and when people are mixing in real dense spaces," Newsom replied. "Otherwise, we'll make guidance recommendations, but no mandates and no restrictions on businesses large and small."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/12/us/california-mask-mandate/index.html

California ending before Ohio. Who would've thought......

DeWine wants us to be under 50/100k to end and I think we're at 80-90 right now.