Bears sign Andy Dalton

beardown3231

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I think the way that you approach it is this

-You try and move way up, it likely is way too much for a rookie or you get shut down right away.

-Does Mac Jones fall  to 20 or close enough that you can reasonably get him? Probably not if this buzz holds.

-Draft an OT or a WR, someone to help the mediocre/rookie QB.

-2nd/3rd round grab someone like Mond, Mills, or Newman.

If we were, allegedly, willing to give up 3 first round picks, two thirds and a player for Russell Wilson, I'd have to think those are all in play to move up as high as we can in the draft.

I have a funny feeling that Nagy loves Trey Lance (has some Patrick Mahomes traits) and if that kid falls to 6 or 7, we pounce.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, G08 said:

If we were, allegedly, willing to give up 3 first round picks, two thirds and a player for Russell Wilson, I'd have to think those are all in play to move up as high as we can in the draft.

I have a funny feeling that Nagy loves Trey Lance (has some Patrick Mahomes traits) and if that kid falls to 6 or 7, we pounce.

Look who’s there though. 

6 is Philly. They’re probably looking at Smith, Sewell, Slater or a QB there. Moving down to 20 doesn’t make a ton of sense there.

7 is Detroit and I’d be shocked if they traded with us to allow us to get a potential franchise QB to play against for the next 15 years.

8 and 9 are CAR and DEN, both of whom if still picking there may be looking to take the same QB we are, so that’s questionable at best. 

10 with Dallas is the first slot I see as being a realistic target trade spot for us. 

Edited by AZBearsFan

9 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Look who’s there though. 

6 is Philly. They’re probably looking at Smith, Sewell, Slater or a QB there. Moving down to 20 doesn’t make a ton of sense there.

7 is Detroit and I’d be shocked if they traded with us to allow us to get a potential franchise QB to play against for the next 15 years.

8 and 9 are CAR and DEN, both of whom if still picking there may be looking to take the same QB we are, so that’s questionable at best. 

10 with Dallas is the first slot I see as being a realistic target trade spot for us. 

I have often had pick 10 as the farthest I think the Bears are going to go, and had the cost to get to that range as #2+2022 1st.  I think the cost to get higher is going to be prohibitive and I'd be really surprised if the top 4 don't go inside the top 8 picks. 

22 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

The Bears can give them ARob, though. The Eagles WR corps has been hit hard, and ARob makes Jalen Hurts' life SO much easier. 

Wait a minute ... You guys forget that Pace head faked everyone by signing Glennon to an expensive deal then drafted Trubisky to surprise of everyone.  

This time he did it with Foles and Glennon .... with no cap space remaining ... 

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

Some team will be waiting on a QB and then Pace trades 3 first rounders to move 1 spot in draft.

Studying Matt Damon GIF by MIRAMAX

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

Now that I've had a day to digest this I still like it. Foles sucks, but he did have some good moments. Tru sucks, but he had some good moments. Why?  Because we have a lot of talent. We didn't have to give up anything in the draft or any players and we still upgraded the QB position which is not easy to do. Sure it's not a big move but we know Nagy likes to throw the ball and Dalton is a rich mans Foles.  He's proven he can be a middle of the road QB which is an upgrade, and he's done that on Bengals teams with no where near the talent. If he grades out in the 20-25 range among QBs to me that's what we want based on reality.  If he's the worst QB in the league then we didn't really even take a step back.  This allows us to reload and not rebuild. We also have the ability to resign Robinson and be players in FA.

I would say that isn't exactly the truth but just your opinion

Don't forget that Dalton had an in his prime AJ Green and Marvin Jones playing WR for him, a young & healthy Tyler Eifert at TE and a pretty good/underrated OL blocking for him with guys like LT Andrew Whitworth, G Kevin Zeitler and RT Andre Smith

Bernard and Hill were also a good tandem at RB

And the Bengals D during those years was pretty darn good too with guys like Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, Michael Johnson, Domata Peko, Vontaze Burfict, Leon Hall, Pacman Jones, George Iloka & Dre Kirkpatrick.

He also did worse statistically than Mitch did last season in a much better Cowboys offense.

Aside from Bears D being better I don't really see how the situation with our O compares to those of the prime years he spent with Cincy or last year with Dallas

Outside of Robinson, Mooney, Montgomery and maybe Kmet + a cpl OLmen we aren't that good dude...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

They're butt hurt over "how little of a return" they got for Carson Wentz. One could argue trading with us and recouping a bunch of picks could help them to save face and rebuild their franchise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Okay then. But that's the main point of the post that you quoted.  Some fans are reacting as if we are starting the season tomorrow with Foles/ Dalton instead of looking at it rationally and waiting things out before judging it. 

That's what I was talking about Bears fans being irrational.

(And to be clear, THIS IS A GENERALIZED STATEMENT.  I AM NOT REFERRING TO ANYONE ON HERE)!!!!!!!!!

That's completely fair. 

Honestly if we didnt already have Foles or if it was heavily incentive laden (like Newton's) I'd have much less of an issue with this.  But we are now spending $16ish mil for QBs to still be a glaring weakness. I'd have liked to put that $10 mil on an OT to protect our already immobile QB, or a weapon to replace Miller if he can be traded. Both deals are fine for back ups with experience but having two mediocre QBs still means we have zero starter quality guys. 

Guys, it's the same crap year after year. It's perpetual suckage while they never do the right thing. They don't listen to us and said as much in the press conference (not that they have any reason to). Until fans boycott, they'll never care.

Give up 8 first rounders for a QB. Who cares? It's been 100 years of ZERO QBs besides Luckman. ZERO 4000 years. ZERO 30 TD season. One Superbowl.

Anyways... The Dalton signing is the same song and dance I've heard for every single QB this franchise has drafted or signed. "He's been good in the past, they just need to support him." I believe he'll got 3200/23/12. And that would be the ceiling of what this offense can do.

• Like 1

And how much of a leash do the stooges up front have? Because Foles and Dalton won't fly. Can they trade up and get one of the top three guys? If not, why are they picking anybody or trading a massive amount of picks if they have no trust from the owners?