Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF

JiffyJag

20 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I refuse to believe that a team would trade all of those draft resources if they weren’t 100% confident in who there were selecting. 

Felt similarly, but consider that the third pick wasn’t static. If you do your due diligence, you never know what could’ve happened with Miami. They might receive an offer and then the third pick’s out of reach, and possibly your QB. If you know you’re going to go all-in on one of those guys, you have to be in position to have your pick of the lot.

• Like 1

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Felt similarly, but consider that the third pick wasn’t static. If you do your due diligence, you never know what could’ve happened with Miami. They might receive an offer and then the third pick’s out of reach, and possibly your QB. If you know you’re going to go all-in on one of those guys, you have to be in position to have your pick of the lot.

I think that the most likely scenario is that they already know their guy but don’t want to tip their hand out of concern they could be leapfrogged. It is possible that the 49ers could like someone more than Wilson. 

It doesn't really matter what everyone thinks. If Jones has 3 TDs and zero picks in his first game everyone will love the pick and how SF outsmarted everyone. 

I think SF picks him and it will be a grand slam pick. His footwork, processing and accuracy is incredible. 

I'm convinced most people have not even watched his film and just judge by other peoples opinion and by his look.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

It seems like Shanny wants Mac and the personnel dept wants lance. So if you go Mac do you keep around those who are questioning the move? Also if Mac busts is that the end of Shanny's HC career in San Fran?

So at the end of it I think Mac is the pick even if everyone is questioning it as Shanny seems to be in control of this organization. I just think it was a lot to give up for a guy who was expecting to be the 4/5 qb in the draft. 

It think it's a boom or bust scenario. 

If Jones booms, Kyle might as well become the owner of the San Francisco 49ers as well as GM and HC.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SBLIII said:

It doesn't really matter what everyone thinks. If Jones has 3 TDs and zero picks in his first game everyone will love the pick and how SF outsmarted everyone. 

I think SF picks him and it will be a grand slam pick. His footwork, processing and accuracy is incredible. 

I'm convinced most people have not even watched his film and just judge by other peoples opinion and by his look.

Here is the thing, I don't think many, if any are saying he is going to bust if he gets picked at #3. The situation and coaching is just far too good for that to happen. Jones will be walking in to a team with a top 5-6 defense, top 3 or so play caller in the league and weapons such as Kittle, Aiyuk and Deebo. Like when has a QB in recent memory walked into a better situation? Mahomes? Though it was probably as equally as good as this one. 

• Like 2

Thinking about this a bit more.  Is Jimmy G's retention and lack of trade rumors an indicator that they truly haven't decided or are leaning towards Lance?

If you are going to pick Mac Jones, why on earth do you keep Garropolo on the roster?  Jones is a low ceiling high floor guy.  He should be a plug an play instant starter.

Now on the other hand, if you draft Lance, you better give him some time to develop and having another starting qb on the roster would sure be nice to bridge the gap.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Thinking about this a bit more.  Is Jimmy G's retention and lack of trade rumors an indicator that they truly haven't decided or are leaning towards Lance?

If you are going to pick Mac Jones, why on earth do you keep Garropolo on the roster?  Jones is a low ceiling high floor guy.  He should be a plug an play instant starter.

Now on the other hand, if you draft Lance, you better give him some time to develop and having another starting qb on the roster would sure be nice to bridge the gap.

I think it might depend on who the 49ers take. If a team loves 1 of the remaining 3 but not the other 2, they wont trade for Jimmy G if SF passes but if he’s taken they might be more likely to take on the vet

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

I do wonder if they cant move jimmy by the draft if they will take Lance. And if they trade Jimmy they draft Mac. That would be so stupid. Lol

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

NE trade up to 11 to draft a WR?....

I Dont Think So No Way GIF

So much wrong with that -

a) Fields is available and our starting QB can't throw the ball

b) It's a deep WR class, so why we trading up to get one when we have other needs, like QB...

c) Jaycee Horn is available and we need a CB to take over from Gilmore probably next season

d) BB has only ever drafted 1 WR in the first round, and it was a bust so he's probably even less likely to now

e) that WR was pick 32, so I highly doubt he'd go WR at 11. Trading up to get him, no less

f) Would PHI, LA and MIN even be in for Waddle? Seems to me that those 3 teams are predictable this year

so with that said, welcome to NE Jaylen...

• Like 1

Moving Jimmy G shouldnt be any indication on what qb you take. If you feel that Mac is the guy and do not need Jimmy you can easily cut him, while it would suck to not get anything in return you are still clearing 24 mil in cap space in which you can still be active in the trade market for some one that can help the team get to the next level as well as help Mac be better, maybe a guy like Julio Jones to go with Deebo and Aiyuk? Shanahan reunites with his guy in Atlanta. They get another weapon for Mac to succeed. Just dont know if they would be willing to part ways with a future high draft pick after giving up so much to go to 3.