Jets trade Sam Darnold to Panthers for 2021 6th, 2022 2nd and 4th

carrolljcmc

14 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

As of right now, yeah. This is a projection for sure. You're betting on Darnold being better under Joe Brady and co than he was under Gase.

If it's anything like Tannehill's improvement from leaving Gase, it could work out very well for the Panthers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i really dont get why the Panthers wanted a QB so bad

Bridgewaters play was pretty decent last year

hard for me to see Darnold doing that much better in his first year in Carolina than Bridgewater did imo

Bridgewater is HORRENDOUS.

I don’t think people realize how easy it could have been for him last year. Moore, Samuel, Davis all balled out, all put up 1,000 yards. Joe Brady put him in the best position possible. And he somehow only mustered 14 TDs.

I’m still forming my opinion/thoughts on this trade. But don’t get it twisted. Bridgewater’s timid play severely limited our offenses scoring productivity. 

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

That is a really, really low price.

We knew dominos would fall eventually. Looks like this is one of them.

Not really. Sure the 2nd and 4th round picks would of been nicer this year but in truth it’s a good deal for the Jets. 

Just now, iknowcool said:

I don’t think people realize how easy it could have been for him last year. Moore, Samuel, Davis all balled out, all put up 1,000 yards. Joe Brady put him in the best position possible. And he somehow only mustered 14 TDs.

I’m still forming my opinion/thoughts on this trade. But don’t get it twisted. Bridgewater’s timid play severely limited our offenses scoring productivity. 

As I posted a little earlier, I'm going in optimistic.  I don't know if it's Reddit's constant negativity that I've been exposed to recently, or age, or the state of actually important things in the world, but I'm not nearly as cynical when it comes to football as I used to be.  I'm just excited about the options it opens us up to in the draft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

you would know better than me, i only really watched Panthers vs Bucs games and Bridgewater looked decent then

but do you think Darnold will be much better ?

5 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i really dont get why the Panthers wanted a QB so bad

Bridgewaters play was pretty decent last year

hard for me to see Darnold doing that much better in his first year in Carolina than Bridgewater did imo

• He was pretty bad even looking beyond his fairly middling numbers.
  • He threw 2 TD's to 5 INT's in the 2nd half all year, and routinely missed throws in tight games for the Panthers.
  • He was flattered by his performance in 2019 on a stacked Saints roster.
  • This wasn't a case of injured or talentless team picking 8th overall due to poor coaching and play everywhere bar QB. Admittedly no McCaffrey but QB play was a big problem for them last year, all starting Teddy again would do is garuntee they finish bottom of the Division. (even accounting for the Saints fall off).

seems to me like the Panthers want to play chess here. They don't love any QBs except Wilson and Lawrence. They also know Denver at 9 has Drew Lock who is terrible. They also know the Patriots need a QB. I expect them to make 8 available via trade, collect more picks and stack there roster. If Darnold works out great, if not they strengthen their roster with additional talent and can make a big trade for a veteran QB in 2022. I do like this move.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

you would know better than me, i only really watched Panthers vs Bucs games and Bridgewater looked decent then

but do you think Darnold will be much better ?

Hard to say. Gonna try to re-watch some games of his. I do think he’s a more aggressive passer, which will be helpful in comparison to Teddy’s timid play. Moore and Anderson could have done a lot more damage last year.

But my faith mostly lies with Rhule and Brady. It cannot be overstated how good of a job they did last year, and I have no reason (yet) not to trust them.