Jets trade Sam Darnold to Panthers for 2021 6th, 2022 2nd and 4th

carrolljcmc

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

As I said in the 49er forum, what makes this so interesting is that a team that was so highly coveting a quarterback clearly has one of the "big 5" rated far lower than the the other 4, because if you really think about it, they are in a good spot to get QB5. Atlanta trades with someone wanting QB4, Cincinnati will never move and Miami intentionally moved back up. Panthers easily can make the Trubisky trade to flip with Detroit unless the Lions really want to aggressively move down, and even then, there wouldn't be a reason to pull the trigger on this deal at the current point in time. Unless they have one guy lower than the rest and thought all 4 were going to be gone. 

So who's the #5 guy that they didn't like? 

Exactly right. 

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

In that scenario Atlanta and Detroit are picking QBs.

Not impossible certainly but I would be very surprised about that.

Or, Denver is trading for #7, for example. And they can't risk Atlanta NOT taking a QB. (As I doubt the Falcons are going to clue the Panthers in as to their plans.)

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

People have different tastes. For instance, The Jets liked Sam Darnold... and Mark Sanchez... and Christian Hackenberg....... and Geno Smith...... and Kellen Clemons....

It could be that the Panthers preferred Darnold to Bridgewater, Fields, and Lance. 

I really doubt that, though...

Just now, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

shoulda just got the 3 to 4 1st rounders ppl were offering before the massage leaks got out

this trade to me means Carolina is out of the Watson Sweepstakes too 

no one has room for Watson anymore

Oh, I agree. Texans have no trade partners, Watson has no suitors.

Bad situation for all involved. Except Jack Easterby, who needs to send Tony Buzbee a gift basket.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

That is a really, really low price.

We knew dominos would fall eventually. Looks like this is one of them.

I'm surprised they got that much TBH.

LOL at people who thought Jets were gonna roll out with Darnold again next year.

7 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

shoulda just got the 3 to 4 1st rounders ppl were offering before the massage leaks got out

this trade to me means Carolina is out of the Watson Sweepstakes too 

no one has room for Watson anymore

I wouldn't say that Carolina is out yet, it really depends on the next week or so (not because of the Darnold trade)

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It wouldn't be a QB thread without me mentioning Deshaun Watson...

Tepper is buying low and grabbing Darnold as a bridge QB... until the Watson stuff clears up.
Tepper also knows that when the time comes, it won't cost him 3 first rounders to acquire Mr. Watson.

• Like 1