Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

What is his deal with Gutekunst?  Is it just the Love pick, or more than that?

From what I can glean, it's that Gutey didn't give him any sort of advance warning that they might take a quarterback in 2020, and he felt entitled to at least be prepared for that possibility by the organization.

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Reports are coming out that what Rodgers really wants is Gutey gone.  I'm okay with moving on from any combination of Murphy, Gutekunst, and Rodgers.

I don’t know if I really believe this isn’t just part of the tantrum, but lol they’re not firing Gute for one guy. Send him to Denver for whatever. 

I still see this saga 3 months from now ending with a Rodgers extension and 12 saying all these reports were "way over embellished or untrue." (Whether they were at the time or not). I'm 75% sure that's how this all ends.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I still see this saga 3 months from now ending with a Rodgers extension and 12 saying all these reports were "way over embellished or untrue." (Whether they were at the time or not). I'm 75% sure that's how this all ends.

That’s where I’m at but can’t forget Rodgers has a history of falling out with some people. His fault or not

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

From what I can glean, it's that Gutey didn't give him any sort of advance warning that they might take a quarterback in 2020, and he felt entitled to at least be prepared for that possibility by the organization.

I find it hard to buy into those reports I guess.  Rodgers has to recognize that Gute has made decisions like the hiring of Lafleur that have worked out pretty well for him.

I put a post in the NFL news version of this thread that I will paraphrase here:

I think Rodgers really wanted to beat Brady in the NFC championship game because for his legacy he knows he can't catch him statistically, so beating him head to head multiple times would help his legacy.  Rodgers recognizes that he is at the point in his career where he can improve his chances of obtaining multiple goals by forcing a trade where he gets the money out of the contract but can play at a low cap hit until his next deal.

He can go to a well stocked team that just needs a QB, play at a low percentage of the cap so it stays well stocked, potentially win another Super Bowl or two, and be in a more desirable location than Green Bay.  

I think this is a more calculated move than is being portrayed by his camp.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I find it hard to buy into those reports I guess.  Rodgers has to recognize that Gute has made decisions like the hiring of Lafleur that have worked out pretty well for him.

I put a post in the NFL news version of this thread that I will paraphrase here:

I think Rodgers really wanted to beat Brady in the NFC championship game because for his legacy he knows he can't catch him statistically, so beating him head to head multiple times would help his legacy.  Rodgers recognizes that he is at the point in his career where he can improve his chances of obtaining multiple goals by forcing a trade where he gets the money out of the contract but can play at a low cap hit until his next deal.

He can go to a well stocked team that just needs a QB, play at a low percentage of the cap so it stays well stocked, potentially win another Super Bowl or two, and be in a more desirable location than Green Bay.  

I think this is a more calculated move than is being portrayed by his camp.

Not buying it.  If he demanded a trade in January, the chances of getting it would be substantially higher than they are now.  This relationship deteriorated recently- probably within the last month, as reported.

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

pretty much this. Aaron got to get his draft day revenge.  He got Gutey to acknowledge last year wasn't handled well while totally getting his presser hijacked as Wisconsin burnt to the ground. All in all I would say 12 got what he wanted out of the whole thing. Now its time to let the air clear, sit down at the table, get the extension, the guarantee from the franchise and  concentrate on bringing a Lombardi home...

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

He's already on a well stocked roster........and team.....thats doing contorsions trying to keep talent around him while his cap % goes up.

Again - I feel the COVID cap crunch was really (really) badly timed in relation to ARs contract increases coming due.

He wants to play for less....he's always free to chime in.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

He's already on a well stocked roster........and team.....thats doing contorsions trying to keep talent around him while his cap % goes up.

Again - I feel the COVID cap crunch was really (really) badly timed in relation to ARs contract increases coming due.

He wants to play for less....he's always free to chime in.

Is it though?  His defense is suspect, and has been for most of his career.  I think he wants to pull off what Brady did- get a team with a top defense where he can provide the offensive punch to be dominant team.

7 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Not buying it.  If he demanded a trade in January, the chances of getting it would be substantially higher than they are now.  This relationship deteriorated recently- probably within the last month, as reported.

But what would have happened in the last month to cause that?

24 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Reports are coming out that what Rodgers really wants is Gutey gone.  I'm okay with moving on from any combination of Murphy, Gutekunst, and Rodgers.

Gutekunst made the Love pick.  Wouldn't be surprising