Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

Just now, incognito_man said:

The question is why it came out draft day morning. And the answer is because Team Rodgers wanted to press the issue.

Not sure what the question is. He quite clearly explained the process that led to him deciding that it was time in the video and also addressed the concerns that it was Team Rodgers trying to get the info out.

Also, again, what does it matter? 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, pwny said:

Not sure what the question is. He quite clearly explained the process that led to him deciding that it was time in the video and also addressed the concerns that it was Team Rodgers trying to get the info out.

Also, again, what does it matter? 

Well, he's obviously lying. That's the point lol

HE DIDN'T EVEN BREAK THE NEWS

• Like 1

It's kinda odd how folks can't seem to understand the ramifications of the b.s. Schefter pulled on draft day. Either he is a liar and ish disturber or it was definitely Rodgers, which is a big deal. It really is as simple as that. Nothing else makes sense based on the information we've been given (which of course could change if anything else comes out, but it hasn't(?)).

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

If Rodgers first choice was to move on via a trade it would have been made public knowledge 1-2 months ago.  

It appears Rodgers actual first choice is to stay through a restructure/extension on more favorable contract terms (not only monetary terms)... and obviously that fully has not been offered yet. 

The timing of the information release is likely a combination of Schefter not wanting to sit on the information and be "beat to market" by someone else once he heard SF inquired about Rodgers availability ... and Rodgers camp/agent advising 'off the record' that they are fine if the story runs today (Thursday reportable) 

On 5/7/2021 at 6:39 AM, ET80 said:

I agree with this. If Rodgers starts tweeting out rap lyrics, it becomes very real...

I better get my way

And leave this Green Bay

They cut my buddy Jake

Now trade me for goodness sake

It’s clear you just want my arm

I’d rather play for State Farm

I’m tired of the cheese

I’ve already asked please

Need a new team to be reppin me

One that lets me do my thing and host jeopardy 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I better get my way

And leave this Green Bay

They cut my buddy Jake

I’m tired of the cheese

Can we get sound added to these forums please? Need to hear a beat with this so I can tell if it's a rap or a poem. 😂

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:
1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

Can we get sound added to these forums please? Need to hear a beat with this so I can tell if it's a rap or a poem. 😂

Oh I was spitting hot bars for sure

Rest of us were spitting up...

• Like 5

Broncos fan, whom lives in Minnesota, and would love to have Rodgers just to slap around the mouthy Packers fans here in the Twin Cities.

I doubt that he leaves Green Bay. I would dare him to sit out. But not in an antagonistic way. All shot callers in the organization need to have a month of kumbaya. Draft is over, Rodgers can't demand anything from that now. He and LeFleur are, what? 26 and 6 with two championship appearances?

Be smooth. Where is he gonna go that will guarantee that success? Denver and Las Vegas has Mahomes and Herbert to deal with. And we're still under the cloud of a pandemic so jumping ship from a place of continuity has larger challenges than usual.

6 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

I better get my way

And leave this Green Bay

They cut my buddy Jake

I’m tired of the cheese

this is what this rap reminds me of