Brady vs Jordan for 2nd greatest North American Athlete of all-time

NeptunePenguins

8 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Anyone comparing Iggy to 24.8 points 10.8 rebounds 4.5 assist 3.4 block per game 1980 Kareem is truly out on a limb

Kareem did miss a game in the 1980 finals.

He went 33.4 13.6 3.2 4.6 in the other 5 games.

Feel free to get a friggin clue.

Says the guy who posted absolute garbage two pages ago.

No one actually compared the players. Reading comprehension is key.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Says the guy who posted absolute garbage two pages ago.

No one actually compared the players. Reading comprehension is key.

Sorry, I missed your correction after you jumped to conclusions about 1980.

Your point was stupidity before you clarified and still just wrong after.

Edited by SkippyX

10 hours ago, DutchFalcon said:

I'm to lazy to look back 18 pages but;

Micheal Phelps up in this

I like Phelps a lot but he does a sport where you have like 10 opportunities to win a “world” championship over the course of a week. Like I don’t know what makes him better than someone like Bolt aside from more opportunities. He was clearly the best at his sport though for an entire decade plus in a stretch longer than Brady or Jordan have of pure undisputed dominance. 

I still think I’d go Ali. He was the best in the world in the most competitive era of boxing. Frazier, Foreman and Liston are all top 10 all time heavyweights. Then Norton and Patterson are probably top 20 if not top 15. He was untouchable for 10 years and then stripped of the belt in his prime and had to go through three of the best boxers ever to get back. He only has two real losses in prime and he avenges them twice a piece and one was against a top 5 all time boxer who was in the middle of his greatest stretch in Ali’s first serious fight since his 3 year hiatus and the other was pretty much due to an injury (broken jaw). Probably the only athlete that eclipses Jordan in name recognition and clearly stood the test of time (his career prime was over 59 years ago). It’s a single sport and it’s hard to find one that combines strength, speed, endurance, stamina, and coordination as well as boxing. 

35 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I like Phelps a lot but he does a sport where you have like 10 opportunities to win a “world” championship over the course of a week. Like I don’t know what makes him better than someone like Bolt aside from more opportunities. He was clearly the best at his sport though for an entire decade plus in a stretch longer than Brady or Jordan have of pure undisputed dominance. 

Because Usain Bolt is a sprinter, whereas Phelps could do sprinting and medium and longer distance, while in a variety of events.

Imagine Bolt winning both the 100 and 200, not to mention hurdles, a combination of hurdles and sprinting, a combination of hurdles, sprinting, and medium distance, then doing the same but relay, etc.

Lumping all swimming events together into just one is a mistake IMO.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Nope. I have specifically pointed out 1982 and on as being when Magic became the driving force behind the Laker's dynasty.

Magic was not the driving force behind the 1980 Lakers just like Iguodala was not the driving force behind the 2015 Warriors.

I think you might be confusing when I said "80's Lakers" as the 1980 Lakers specifically?

On a random note were the early 80’s Lakers the most stacked teams in the history of sports?  In 82’ they win it all then ADD James Worthy .  In 83’ they have 5 HOF’ers then ADD Byron Scott. Throughout the decade they had Norm Nixon, Michael Cooper, AC Green, Byron Scott, Mychal Thompson, Bob McAdoo and Jamaal Wilkes as freaking role players.  Bill Sharman was the GOAT gm.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Because Usain Bolt is a sprinter, whereas Phelps could do sprinting and medium and longer distance, while in a variety of events.

Imagine Bolt winning both the 100 and 200, not to mention hurdles, a combination of hurdles and sprinting, a combination of hurdles, sprinting, and medium distance, then doing the same but relay, etc.

Lumping all swimming events together into just one is a mistake IMO.

That’s fair. 

Cop out

Gretzky = Best regular season statistics compared to other players (no question)

Brady = Best championship record compared to other players (no question)

Jordan = Best regular season + championship dominate stretch (6/7 year peak stretch) in team sport history. 

4 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Cop out

Gretzky = Best regular season statistics compared to other players (no question)

Brady = Best championship record compared to other players (no question)

Jordan = Best regular season + championship dominate stretch (6/7 year peak stretch) in team sport history. 

I agree with that. Gretzky’s regular season dominance is like Jerry Rice ++, but he « only » won three Stanley Cups (none outside of Edmonton and the Oilers won again when he left)

1 hour ago, Dalan162 said:

I agree with that. Gretzky’s regular season dominance is like Jerry Rice ++, but he « only » won three Stanley Cups (none outside of Edmonton and the Oilers won again when he left)

He won 4 cups. In 9 years in Edmonton.

The Oilers had an extremely stacked team though. Kurri, Coffey and Messier on the same team is almost laughable.

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

He won 4 cups. In 9 years in Edmonton.

The Oilers had an extremely stacked team though. Kurri, Coffey and Messier on the same team is almost laughable.

Yeah, you’re right, my mistake. It’s still surprising that such a dominant player could not win outside of Edmonton (he lost to Montreal in the Stanley Cup finals in 93 though)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dalan162 said:

Yeah, you’re right, my mistake. It’s still surprising that such a dominant player could not win outside of Edmonton (he lost to Montreal in the Stanley Cup finals in 93 though)

It is. But sometimes hockey peaks are over sooner than in other sports and it shows it's really hard to win in multiple places. The Oilers had a much better supporting cast with several hall of famers.