The Early Elite of the 2022 Draft

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

How does Jordan Battle compare to other recent Alabama Safeties (Collins, Fitzpatrick, McKinney)?

He is no where close to Collins of Fitzpatrick as college prospects.  At this point not sure Battle should even declare for the draft as a Junior and should come back for his Senior year, now maybe he would be amazing this year and increase his stock but not sure he is better than any of these safeties, and McKinney has yet to show he is an elite safety in the NFL.  But McKinney was solid his final year on Bama and has potential, not sure Battle has shown good enough coverage ability to be considered elite and he gets kicked out of a lot of games for targeting.  There are many safeties better than he is in that JR class, but sure he has some potential at the position but has to improve a lot.

15 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

@Ozzy I don’t know where to put this post but you were completely correct about competitive edge with DeVonta versus Chase. Chase looks like he has not heart in his effort catching the football (lack there of) and blocking. I know it’s pre season but it’s not a good look.

It is still early so not sure one can call it right now but will see how the season goes.  DeVonta has got hurt already and was hurt coming into the preseason so that is not good, but when he is out there he sure looks sharp in his route running and ability to separate.  Possibly Chase being out of football for almost two years is having something to do with it.  

Either way there was a clear choice last year and one was easy and the other choice was very hard, and yes I do believe that does show something potentially about ones character and or competitiveness, but again will see how the season goes.  

17 hours ago, Danger said:

As a Penn state fan and alumni. Kinda been disappointing so far for how he was ranked in recruiting

Watching parts of the game right now. I've seen some things I like from him. There was a play where Wis did a play-action roll out to the right and fooled the whole front 7. Ferg caught the ball in the flats and Smith was able to stop it from becoming a big play. The kicker is that Smith was lined up on the left side of the field and wasn't responsible for Ferg or the flats. That was #13's responsibility, but he jumped at the play-action. Smith caught him from the opposite side of the field. He still has more to prove, but I'm seeing little things from him in the game I really like. 

Edited by rickyt31

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2021 at 4:49 PM, Scoundrel said:

@Ozzy I don’t know where to put this post but you were completely correct about competitive edge with DeVonta versus Chase. Chase looks like he has not heart in his effort catching the football (lack there of) and blocking. I know it’s pre season but it’s not a good look.

This did not age well.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

This did not age well.

I drafted him in BDL (we draft two weeks before the nfl draft) even trading up twice to get 3 overall to pick him. This was just me trying to jump in front of the disappointment but he was my number 3 player in the class and top pass catcher. I believed in him enough to give up big assets to go get him before I knew even where he would actually be drafted to. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 7/13/2021 at 3:22 PM, Cutler06 said:

My contention that Gardner wouldn't surpass Stingley seemed to be scoffed at by you. I get you're a Sauce fan, but from what I've seen Stingley is a Generation talent at CB, don't see that high of a ceiling with Gardner, who will be a fine CB (I never questioned his ability, just your "Hot Take"). And "why wait to revisit after the draft" seems like a stupid question given these posts, how else would we be able to validate your "Hot Take" vs. my rebuttal ??

Well, played Cutler. By 1 spot, but you're validated.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 5:49 PM, Scoundrel said:

This did not age well....