Packers Sign Aaron Rodgers Replacement, Blake Bortles

Norm

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Packers wanted a camp arm, we got a camp arm with a name. 

I mean how often do we bother to do that though. Vince Young is one I can think of, but as far as I remember that was an outlier at the time as well.

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I mean how often do we bother to do that though. Vince Young is one I can think of, but as far as I remember that was an outlier at the time as well.

There are not many camp arms familiar with this offense. Bortles is a good fit because he has history with our OC and won't derail a practice because he doesn't know what's going on.

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

There are not many camp arms familiar with this offense. Bortles is a good fit because he has history with our OC and won't derail a practice because he doesn't know what's going on.

Alright this I can get behind. I guess at best this is a nothing move which is certainly better than either of the alternatives.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leader said:

You've absolutely no basis for reaching that conclusion. None.

Let the guy actually play some NFL games before you declare him DOA.

But it's not that baseless of a conclusion.  It's not hard to look at the abomination that was Jordan Love's 2019 season and come away having major doubts about his success at the next level.  This was a guy who was as bad of a decision maker at his position as anyone in college football the last time we seen him throw a meaningful pass.  Sure he wasn't surrounded by elite talent but he also didn't play against it either.  I don't think you can place blame on the talent that was around him while failing to acknowledge that he was playing against that same caliber of talent.

Jordan Love certainly has the tools to be a franchise QB if he's able to fix the issue that's between his ears.  I don't like the success rate of QBs coming into the NFL with MAJOR flaws in their decision making.  I think it's chicken **** to put all the blame for his 2019 season at the feet of an OC or the guys around him simply because he's a Packer.  That OC wasn't a crutch when people were evaluating Deshone Kizer's flaws as a prospect.

It's a little concerning to hear Gutekunst say that Jordan Love has a long way to go.

Edited by SSG

11 minutes ago, SSG said:

But it's not that baseless of a conclusion.  It's not hard to look at the abomination that was Jordan Love's 2019 season and come away having major doubts about his success at the next level.  This was a guy who was as bad of a decision maker at his position as anyone in college football the last time we seen him throw a meaningful pass.  Sure he wasn't surrounded by elite talent but he also didn't play against it either.  I don't think you can place blame at the talent that was around him while failing to acknowledge that he was playing against that same caliber of talent.

Jordan Love certainly has the tools to be a franchise QB if he's able to fix the issue that's between his ears.  I don't like the success rate of QBs coming into the NFL with MAJOR flaws in their decision making.  I think it's chicken **** to put all the blame for his 2019 season at the feet of an OC or the guys around him simply because he's a Packer.  That OC wasn't a crutch when people were evaluating Deshone Kizer's flaws as a prospect.

It's a little concerning to hear Gutekunst say that Jordan Love has a long way to go.

Start with a viewpoint. Tailor your description of a player to fit that narrative. Got it.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, SSG said:

But it's not that baseless of a conclusion.  It's not hard to look at the abomination that was Jordan Love's 2019 season and come away having major doubts about his success at the next level.  This was a guy who was as bad of a decision maker at his position as anyone in college football the last time we seen him throw a meaningful pass.  Sure he wasn't surrounded by elite talent but he also didn't play against it either.  I don't think you can place blame on the talent that was around him while failing to acknowledge that he was playing against that same caliber of talent.

You should read the scouting reports on Patrick Mahomes sometime.  They read very similar to Love.  Strong arm.  Great movement.  Accuracy issues.  Takes too many risks....etc.

Boom or bust kind of guys.

1 hour ago, Rodjahs12 said:

You disrespecting Seneca Wallace and Matt Flynn

1 hour ago, SSG said:

You know who had similar abominations for college INT % ? Scrubs like Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, and Deshaun Watson. 

Guys play hero ball in college all the time. It's not a difficult thing to fix.

Accuracy/ball placement is a lot harder and Love is above average there.

35 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You know who had similar abominations for college INT % ? Scrubs like Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, and Deshaun Watson. 

Guys play hero ball in college all the time. It's not a difficult thing to fix.

Accuracy/ball placement is a lot harder and Love is above average there.

Plus till said player proves that he is not good I will trust that the professional scouts, who were able to convince Packers management to trade up for said player, know more than posters in our forum.