2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

If Baker is hurt I would’ve just put him on the injury report at first. 

I get the gamesmanship about not letting it out to a certain extent, but when you play like that to me it’s not worth pretending like everything is ok because you get the media backlash like you did then you have to try to now say that he is in fact injured. 

now you look like kinda sleezy 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

If Baker is hurt I would’ve just put him on the injury report at first. 

I get the gamesmanship about not letting it out to a certain extent, but when you play like that to me it’s not worth pretending like everything is ok because you get the media backlash like you did then you have to try to now say that he is in fact injured. 

now you look like kinda sleezy 

Well, not only that, but you can get major discipline from the league (fines, suspensions, draft picks).

Under-reporting or mis-reporting injuries is a giant no-no.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

8D chess. I don't even have anything to respond to.

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

I do not know about you nude

Do you think he can play a Chicago

Level game this week?

When it comes to dealing with this torn labrum, Baker is learning; he's evolving. I expect a good enough game to give us the chance to win.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Does a player need to be on the injury report if they’re full participants in practice, expected to play?

Direct from the published policy:

All players who have reportable injuries must be listed on the Practice Report, even if the player takes all the reps in practice, and even if the team is certain that he will play in the upcoming game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Does a player need to be on the injury report if they’re full participants in practice, expected to play?

5 hours ago, Empire Lies said:

The NFL rule directly states, “If any player has a significant or noteworthy injury, it must be listed on the practice report."

If Baker must have surgery or even if not, this could be a problem for the Browns in that the injury was not disclosed to my knowledge.

We all know teams like to skirt around the injury report but things like this have cost teams draft picks in the past, especially when the player or agent leak that there was a significant injury while the team never reports the injury.

Ian Rappaport mistyped the word "was" when he said Baker "was listed on the injury report" because to my knowledge Baker has not been on the injury report in any capacity even the day after the game unless Cleveland beat reporters have posted the injury report it incorrectly.

To protect Baker's value, this seems like something his agent leaked or a family member in the know. Any good agent doing their job would do the same. I highly doubt Baker would himself as that would be exposing the organization to league office disciplinary action.

It also brings into question what the team knew when they reportedly tried to sign Brett Rypien from the Broncos practice squad two days after the Bear game.

A shoulder can't pop out unless some part of the structure is partially torn. "Partially torn" is such an amorphous term that could refer to various degrees of shoulder discomfort. People can get low end "partially torn" labrums from sleeping in a bad position at night. It's impossible to know what the severity is from the outside looking in except to know that the game impact means it's not great.

Edited by Empire Lies
  • Like 2