Aaron Rodgers officially begins holdout by skipping Packers mandatory mini-camp

TheKillerNacho

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Krause was an awesome GM.

• He made the Pippen trade happen.
  • He brought in Phil Jackson when they already had a popular coach because its what they needed.
  • Collins improved every year, but he was no Phil Jackson

Too bad, so sad. NBA players wanted more money.

Krause has 6 rings because Jordan played baseball, or Krause might have 7 or 8 rings.

He built a locker room of leaders who could handle Rodman at the end.

Sure he hurt some feelings. Poor Pippen had to honor a contract!

Scottie got paid and respected in Houston and Portland and was a nobody.

He shows up as the loser on some Phil Jackson, Kobe, Shaq highlights I think.

If you think the Packers FO is like Krause level abrasive because they don't worship an emotional toddler...

If you think Krause is an example of a GM who is not judged by 6 rings? ...

Its just you being you, so it could be either example of foolishness.

I would not let Krause babysit my kids.

I would let him win 6 rings for my team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

• He brought in Phil Jackson when they already had a popular coach because its what they needed.

Krause has 6 rings because Jordan played baseball, or Krause might have 7 or 8 rings.

If you think the Packers FO is like Krause level abrasive because they don't worship an emotional toddler...

Curious if you have the same praise for Jerry.

11 hours ago, Leader said:

Dude. You need to delete the NFCN files in your head and reload them with AFCS data.
You've no need to concern yourself with this stuff anymore :)

It's too late for Rodgers, but on the bright side, I was trying to be optimistic about Jordan Love for you guys.  I think he could be a good one when he gets a chance.

As far as the AFCS is concerned, I probably just need a season of watching the games to get into those division rivalries.

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

As far as the AFCS is concerned, I probably just need a season of watching the games to get into those division rivalries.

Rough year to try and get into the rivalries unless Wentz can turn it around. Otherwise you might have 2 teams limping out of the gates with the Texans (entire team in shambles) and Colts (Wentz being the worst QB in the league last year). Titans also lost a boat load of players, but getting Julio means their offense will probably still be very solid. Might be a two team race between Jags/Titans; again, depending on Wentz. 

6 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Krause has 6 rings because he took over a team that had the best basketball player to ever play the game. Yes he made some solid moves but those championships are 80% Jordan and 20% Krause. And Krause would have had 7 or 8 rings if he had kept his ego in check and not broken up the team. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

It's too late for Rodgers, but on the bright side, I was trying to be optimistic about Jordan Love for you guys.  I think he could be a good one when he gets a chance.

I'm less pessimistic about Rodgers but appreciate the optimism about Love. I'll know what we've got when I finally see him. Till then, I'm hopeful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

ooof... Taking shots at his HC as well. Along with the implied threat of retirement.

Hey Aaron:

1st & Goal at TB 8

(2:22 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to A.Lazard.

2nd & Goal at TB 8

(2:19 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to D.Adams [N.Suh].

3rd & 8 at TB 8

(2:15 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to D.Adams (A.Adams).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Hey Aaron:

1st & Goal at TB 8

(2:22 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to A.Lazard.

2nd & Goal at TB 8

(2:19 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to D.Adams [N.Suh].

3rd & 8 at TB 8

(2:15 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to D.Adams (A.Adams).

You do realize this team will pick closer to the top 5 than making the playoffs without Rodgers yeah?

40 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You do realize this team will pick closer to the top 5 than making the playoffs without Rodgers yeah?

You do realize this has absolutely nothing to do with the point of the post I quoted or my response yeah?

If not, here's what happened:

@Matts4313 posted an exchange in which Aaron Rodgers alluded to not getting the option to [win the game against TB due to a coaching decision on 4th down]. I responded, in jest, by pointing out he had 3 tries and came up woefully short which lead to a reasonable lack of confidence in a 4th down try. Additionally, the math is an absolute toss-up in a vacuum as to what the "right" choice was there, whatever your (or anyone else's) emotions might say.

None of this has anything to do with what the Packers team looks like with Aaron Rodgers starting or his current backups starting. In 2021 I don't think it really matters who starts at QB because I don't see 2021 GB as a super bowl team due to schedule and inability to fill out the roster since Rodgers refused to restructure.

Further, your point is disingenuous anyway. The choice is not Rodgers vs Backup, which team is better. The choice is: Rodgers vs Rodgersless team, but with significant draft and/or other capital and assets. That equation is much more interesting and the only comparison worth discussing. Nobody disagrees that simply removing Rodgers from the team makes the team worse. That is obvious. You are not clever for pointing out something obvious that everyone already knows and agrees with.

Edited by incognito_man