Raiders DE Carl Nassib announces he's gay

RaidersAreOne

Just now, -Hope- said:

would you say that you're definitely not mad, and actually laughing?

Correct. I find it ridiculous they came up with two more orientations and are now to over 25% of the alphabet. Not mad at all about it. You can actually find things ridiculous and not be mad about them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I was thinking he was a prime candidate to get cut before yesterday, but looking at his contract, he manageable for 2021. There's an out after 2022. The dead cap is high to cut him.

YEAR   AGE BASE SALARY WORKOUT RESTRUCTURE MISC. CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH  
2020 Contract details by year 27 $7,500,000 - - $250,000 $7,750,000 $13,250,000 $7,750,000($7,750,000)  
2021 Contract details by year 28 $3,500,000 $250,000 $1,150,000 - $4,900,000 $9,250,000 $9,500,000($17,250,000)  

POTENTIAL OUT: 2022, 2 YR, $17,250,000; $4,600,000 DEAD CAP

2022 Contract details by year 29 $7,750,000 $250,000 $1,150,000 - $9,150,000 $4,600,000 $8,000,000($25,250,000)

He's definitely getting cut after 2021. But he might be ok to stick. If they don't want him, I could see him going back to Tampa or heading to Atlanta.

4 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Correct. I find it ridiculous they came up with two more orientations and are now to over 25% of the alphabet. Not mad at all about it. You can actually find things ridiculous and not be mad about them.

I mean at a certain point, I just say LGBT+ because I can't remember all the letters and it's easier. And I consider myself an Ally, but it's just too many different things to remember.

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

one thing i like to do when i don't care about something is post repeatedly about it on online message boards

I already said a few times that I care about the spectacle. I do not care about him coming out as gay. 
I also have a problem with how people think it’s so incredibly brave to be a multi millionaire set up for life to come out as gay in 2021. If only you’d ever seen actual true bravery. 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

I mean at a certain point, I just say LGBT+ because I can't remember all the letters and it's easier. And I consider myself an Ally, but it's just too many different things to remember.

There’s a Q in there somewhere, but don’t ask me what it stands for.

3 minutes ago, scar988 said:

A self identified Attack Helicopter cries everytime they get marginalized like that ;_;

This is meant as a joke btw. Don't want to offend anyone.

Edited by DutchFalcon

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I already said a few times that I care about the spectacle. I do not care about him coming out as gay. 
I also have a problem with how people think it’s so incredibly brave to be a multi millionaire set up for life to come out as gay in 2021. If only you’d ever seen actual true bravery. 😂

Tell us oh brave one

11 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Social justice reigns supreme. Get out of here with your opinions!

Yeah!  People trampling on yall's right to free speech by saying things at you.

I should have the freedom to say whatever I want without anyone disagreeing with me.

4 minutes ago, scar988 said:

well that's the thing, is most people don't really care if you miss a letter or whatever if you're making an honest effort to just respect people, and that's pretty easy to discern. so it's pretty goofy when people make a big deal of it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

well that's the thing, is most people don't really care if you miss a letter or whatever if you're making an honest effort to just respect people, and that's pretty easy to discern. so it's pretty goofy when people make a big deal of it.

That is my experience as well. The people that should care because they are the ones effected don't mind it much. People that seem to only care about virtue signalling without themselves being directly effected often seem to be the ones making a big deal out of it.

Hyper masculine sport in a society that thrives off toxic masculinity that has for the better part of the last 400 years looked down upon LGBTQ for not fitting societies masculine mold. And a man whose portrayed as a face of what everyone in society should strive to be decides to come out against that mold & choose to be his own person.

Pretty brave imo

• Like 4